Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Pattaya
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go into Epic Combat using only a one-handed weapon, and you successfully roll the Magic Hand, can you immediately roll a two-handed weapon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would probably depend on whether or not you already rolled or benefited from the one-handed weapon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Pattaya
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
That would probably depend on whether or not you already rolled or benefited from the one-handed weapon.

Yes I already rolled the one-handed weapon but didn't derive any ability from it. But why should this matter? Since I didn't use the 2nd hand in my original combat roll, don't I now have 2 hands available to roll that 2-handed weapon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baker
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems reasonable that you could equip the two-handed weapon. Here's the description of Magic Hand:
P. 8 wrote:
Gain an additional hand until the end of combat. This hand may be equipped during combat, and newly equipped dice may immediately be rolled.

You now have two free hands, so you could use a two-handed weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not how it works. You can only take advantage of one set of equipment per turn. If you rolled the one-handed weapon, then one of your hands is still using that weapon. You can't switch it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
That's not how it works. You can only take advantage of one set of equipment per turn. If you rolled the one-handed weapon, then one of your hands is still using that weapon. You can't switch it out.

What's the point of Magic Hand if it doesn't allow you to add extra equipped items to your fight? If you start with one hand free, and use Magic Hand to add another free hand, it seems possible you could add a 2-H weapon with your two free hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright. I have no idea why I posted what I did. I must have read it wrong or been very tired. I'm definitely wrong. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Potluck Games

Utah
msg tools
publisher
badge
The official answer is yes. I will make sure this is more clear in future versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.