Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Dillon
United States
Spring Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Opened the box for a skirmish. Mak is gone. I searched and searched. No luck. Obviously I can use a proxy, but is there any way I can obtain a new "Mak" miniature without breaking the bank?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Up
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Email FFG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dillon
United States
Spring Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've sent FFG an email, but I have my doubts about their willingness to sell me a single miniature... soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artemus Maximus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
buy a new one, such as on ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
dr_steve_dillon wrote:
I've sent FFG an email, but I have my doubts about their willingness to sell me a single miniature... soblue

They send me a new single card and cardboard standy for Rebellion when my dog ate it. (yes, she ate it). Does not hurt to ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have no luck finding an actual Mak mini, you could always substitute a 'Bothan Commando' figure from the old Star Wars Miniatures Game:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/144797

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
You'd be surprised- their component replacement program is actually very good. One of my nexu's tails was broken in half when I received the core box. At first I decided that I wouldn't bother with getting it replaced, but after about a month it started to bother me so I filled out a form, and a few weeks later I got a brand new nexu mini.

Of course, the issue for me truly was a shipping error so I'd expect for the item to be compensated, but I appreciated how easy the process was. I hope people wouldn't abuse this system, but as long as you're totally honest about what happened to your figure, it's worth a shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dillon
United States
Spring Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am of course not looking for a handout. I'm perfectly willing to pay for a replacement piece. My fear is that with shipping, it simply wouldn't make fiscal sense to buy ONE miniature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dr_steve_dillon wrote:
I am of course not looking for a handout. I'm perfectly willing to pay for a replacement piece. My fear is that with shipping, it simply wouldn't make fiscal sense to buy ONE miniature.

Fiscal sense vs peace of mind will always lose.
Pay the few bucks and get your game whole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teth Adam
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious how this works out - I lost a Jyn at a skirmish night. I wound up buying one from my buddy. He has a second core set however a second set of heroes aren't that useful.

I would have emailed FFG if he didn't already have the spare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Up
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Ebay has one right now for $10 or best offer including shipping.

That isn't bad considering one ship for X-Wing is about $10-$15.
(and if your argument is: "But those are painted..." then Guild Ball miniatures also cost about $10-$15 and are unbuilt and unpainted.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Heck, Imperial Assault figure packs run about that much, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, those Bothans just cannot catch a break, can they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dillon
United States
Spring Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: I contacted FF, who directed me to Asmodee North America. They had me fill out an online form. In the description I made it very clear that I had LOST the miniature. It was not broken, it wasn't missing from the box originally, I lost it and wanted to BUY a new one.

Today I got my shipping confirmation number for the FREE replacement figure.

There was no explanation as to why or any text at all really. Just a notice that the miniature was shipped and should arrive in 2-3 days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teth Adam
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG and Lego - both great companies when it comes to broken or missing product elements!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.