Subject: Any tips on holiday sales? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wood
United States
Leander
Texas
flag msg tools
I've gotten into wargamming just recently. Having never seen a November/December in the hobby, I was wondering if anybody has any tips on holiday sales.

It looks like GMT usually does a "fall sale", which, at least last year, was 20% on all in-stock games (but unfortunately I think most of what I'm interested in is on the P500). Do any of the other big players typically have holidays sales, or anything I should know about?

I'd guess that Amazon prices are generally consistent since they can't really control availability...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
Revolution Games (II) has a sale on until the end of the year: http://www.revolutiongames.us/

They have some very highly regarded games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are looking for bargains, h the manufacturers sites are seldom your best bet.

Try Noble Knight or eBay, or the Geek Market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually MMP has a sale on Black Friday, but it was moved to Halloween this year. You might take a look at NWS-online.net, miniaturemarket.com, and thewarstore.com, they usually have really good pricing year round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
heus amigo
msg tools
You may also want to consider CoolStuffInc.com.

I recently bought a GMT game from them. The cost was USD130 with free delivery (for USA). If I buy the same game from GMT directly, it would cost me USD195 plus additional delivery charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Victory Point Games has a sale on now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dietCokeAddict77 wrote:
I've gotten into wargamming just recently. Having never seen a November/December in the hobby, I was wondering if anybody has any tips on holiday sales.

It looks like GMT usually does a "fall sale", which, at least last year, was 20% on all in-stock games (but unfortunately I think most of what I'm interested in is on the P500). Do any of the other big players typically have holidays sales, or anything I should know about?

I'd guess that Amazon prices are generally consistent since they can't really control availability...

GMT recently announced their Fall Sale is being pushed into the first of the year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Leander
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks a bunch, everybody. Many of these sites I didn't know about so I'm definitely checking them out. Revolution Games in particular has some nice games at some excellent prices. I'll probably be picking up a few this Christmas.

People have advised me about eBay and the Geek Market before. Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck there yet, but I'll keep my eyes open. For the few purchases I'd made so far, Amazon has always had the best price. But I also have Amazon Prime, which probably affects that.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Conn
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Compass games for instance is one not mentioned yet that often has yearly sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
Lovely, spooky, dark blue Gentian, Inner walls like speckled snake skin, Trumpet shaped, fit for a small Angel's grimly puckered lips Set on the Last Day to call Ants and bees to Apocalypse.
mbmbmbmbmb
heusamigo wrote:
You may also want to consider CoolStuffInc.com.

I recently bought a GMT game from them. The cost was USD130 with free delivery (for USA). If I buy the same game from GMT directly, it would cost me USD195 plus additional delivery charge.

I must reply to your post, heusamigo, as I am in the middle of an issue with CSI currently. I don't mean to cross swords - I just want to say that the price might be a bit better at CSI, BUT: compared to GMT customer service, well, CSI is sorely lacking. And this is the second tangle with them in 3 months that I find myself in. Online buyer beware...

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.