Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found out the campaign went live.
Went to the page to pledge straight away, but what is this 106$ including shipping, this is just ridiculous.
I love Vital's games but I just can't justify spending more then the MSRP on Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Léo Chabanne
France
Grenoble
FRA
flag msg tools
I forgot one tiny rule..
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can order it straight from Philibert: https://goo.gl/VS84tq
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost agree with you, what level where you looking at?
try giochistarter.it
maybe. There is an Essen delivery option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
Cadiz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leochab wrote:
You can order it straight from Philibert : https://goo.gl/VS84tq

Yea, check if they have listed a retailer for your country at the bottom at the page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almilcar wrote:
leochab wrote:
You can order it straight from Philibert : https://goo.gl/VS84tq

Yea, check if they hace listed a retailer for your country at the bottom at the page.

After seeing your flag I was going to suggest the same thing. Order it from a participating retailer.

I passed on several other KS games so that I could get Lisboa when it hit KS. I knew from backing The Gallerist and Vinhos it would be $27 to ship to me and would likely be a $79 base pledge. I understand though that it is quite high for a game, but the production value/components are super high quality and well..I love Vital's games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In their defense, if the box is anything close to the size of The Gallerist, then the $17 is probably justified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leochab wrote:

Thnx this is a way better option then through kickstarter.
Now I just need a small extra 0.5€ item to get free shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spukky wrote:
leochab wrote:

You don't participate in founding the game though. Hopefully not everyone does the same, otherwise the game might not even be produced at all. I myself would rather pay for the shipping cost and be part of the campaign, but I understand some might refuse to pay expansive shipping. Though decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was okay within the first hour of getting published.

With half of the Stretch Goals already achieved within the first 4+ hours.

This is my first participation in a Kickstarter and I am happy to help in getting this game printed. Depending on the how it goes it may be my last. I really want Stretch Goal #11 as that one will have cutout tracks for the components so they don't slide around and so you can easily slide cards under the playerboard.

With regards to not participating I don't think that is necessarily true. I think any money from pre-orders that are done with the international partners are then added to the Kickstarter campaign before it is closed. Vinhos Deluxe mentioned something about additional pledges from International kickstarter partners being added to the total to help with the Stretch Goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the shipping is completely over the top.

It's especially ridiculous here in Canada, as when you order normally from the same company the kickstarter will fulfill the game, you pay a flat shipping of $9 CDN.

Yet that same company shipping the same game suddenly becomes $27 US. That's literally 3 times the normal shipping cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Blomquist
Australia
Toowoomba
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Seems reasonable for Australia at $36, especially for what is presumably a big, heavy box. Expensive sure, but reasonable.

Unreasonable would be Queen who just automatically shove $60 on the price for us!

I even happily paid the extra $10 for the signed copy, as I was so glad to catch a KS on day one for once, and EG and Vital do such a great job
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:

You don't participate in founding the game though. Hopefully not everyone does the same, otherwise the game might not even be produced at all. I myself would rather pay for the shipping cost and be part of the campaign, but I understand some might refuse to pay expansive shipping. Though decision.

For the Vinhos campaign they added in the fund raised through other pre-orders to the totals raised when calculating the unlocked stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Maillard
France
Flers
Orne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
Spukky wrote:
leochab wrote:

Philibert is a partner in EU. Buying Lisboa through Philibert during the KS campaign is like you are pledging. It's added to the KS count, as it was for The Gallerist & Vinhos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cabralicus wrote:
With half of the Stretch Goals already achieved within the first 4+ hours.

There will be more stretch goals.

Cabralicus wrote:
This is my first participation in a Kickstarter and I am happy to help in getting this game printed. Depending on the how it goes it may be my last. I really want Stretch Goal #11 as that one will have cutout tracks for the components so they don't slide around and so you can easily slide cards under the playerboard.

They will probably choose the amounts of their stretch goals in order to have them all unlocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
In their defense, if the box is anything close to the size of The Gallerist, then the $17 is probably justified.

For US 17$ isn't bad at all. Other countries it's a lot higher. No option but 35$ shipping to Japan (which was expected and quite normal). Let's hope the dollar doesn't go up too much before the end of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cookie Monster
Belgium
De Pinte
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spukky wrote:
leochab wrote:

I'm in the same boat, so I'm ordering some sleeves to get to the amount :-)
I have ordered the Kickstarter of Vinhos Deluxe (with add-on of The Gallerist) through Philibert and got the games earlier than other (European) backers, they shipped directly after Essen. The game box was damaged though... hopefully this won't happen with Lisboa :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Seen people moaning about shipping on three different Kickstarters in the past week alone. The shipping is normal. It's not shipped from the US, it's shipped from China, which costs more. This goes double if you live in the EU, as you also have to pay VAT (20% of the product's price) on top of shipping.

Bigger Kickstarters that are guaranteed a ton of pledges will absorb some of the shipping costs because they'll get more money from offering that cheaper shipping rate. They aren't the trendsetter, they're exceptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frédéric MOULIS
France
WATTIGNIES
flag msg tools
mbmb
Spukky wrote:
Just found out the campaign went live.
Went to the page to pledge straight away, but what is this 106$ including shipping, this is just ridiculous.
I love Vital's games but I just can't justify spending more then the MSRP on Kickstarter.

Including all unlocked SG, MSRP will be more than 106$
Just look at the regular price for a copy of Vinhos "KS version"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
C3Gaming wrote:
Seen people moaning about shipping on three different Kickstarters in the past week alone. The shipping is normal. It's not shipped from the US, it's shipped from China, which costs more. This goes double if you live in the EU, as you also have to pay VAT (20% of the product's price) on top of shipping.

It's a rite of passage, being surprised and shocked at shipping prices for a Kickstarter project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geller
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C3Gaming wrote:

Bigger Kickstarters that are guaranteed a ton of pledges will absorb some of the shipping costs because they'll get more money from offering that cheaper shipping rate. They aren't the trendsetter, they're exceptions.

Lisboa Kickstarter Risks and Challenges section wrote:
We also reserve the right to combine the shipping of any and all pledges for multiple KS projects if the projects and the shipping are run close to the same time and if we can ship them all within a reasonable time (30 days) of us receiving them. Of course, we will advise you ASAP if it looks like we will be holding up shipping for this reason and you will always have the right to pay additional fees to get expedited delivery on individual orders/pledges.

The EGG approach to shipping multiple KS projects is not the norm. If you pay full shipping for project A and full shipping for project B, they will hold project A for a month in order for them to save money on shipping at your inconvenience. If you want project A at the same time as the less loyal customers who only pledged for one project, there is an "expedited delivery" fee. I don't understand how they can justify this policy. If anything, they should refund the shipping you paid for project B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spukky wrote:
leochab wrote:

I decided to order it on Philibert, I'm still not thrilled by how this campaign is run, but my respect for Vital as a designer made me wanne join in.

Decided just to add 1 die for 0.5€ and that got me free shipping, nice advice for people wanne order it on Philibert aswell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Enns
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game will be produced.
Did you notice that they advertised their other current kickstarter to the many backers of Lisboa ? I suppose these will ship very close together so they would most likely like to save some money on shipping as they have stated that they will ship multiple campaigns together if they just so happen to be fulfilling at a similar point in time. We wouldn't get a refund of a few dollars if that was the case though yet they say they only ever charge you what they pay for shipping. I may be wrong and if this is the case please correct me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jonas for the tip
And something else : the price for one box is 79,95 $ (about 74€ ) - why the 79,95 € on Philibert? Yes, I am nitpicking but still...
/dimi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
echdareez wrote:
the price for one box is 79,95 $ (about 74€ ) - why the 79,95 € on Philibert?

Simple answer: because you do not pay shipping when you reach a certain threshold (80€ for Belgium, 100€ for Germany). Kickstarter backers always have to add shipping costs of at least $17.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
syliconslycer wrote:
The game will be produced.
Did you notice that they advertised their other current kickstarter to the many backers of Lisboa ? I suppose these will ship very close together so they would most likely like to save some money on shipping as they have stated that they will ship multiple campaigns together if they just so happen to be fulfilling at a similar point in time. We wouldn't get a refund of a few dollars if that was the case though yet they say they only ever charge you what they pay for shipping. I may be wrong and if this is the case please correct me.

Look 2 messages above yours.

echdareez wrote:
Thanks Jonas for the tip
And something else : the price for one box is 79,95 $ (about 74€ ) - why the 79,95 € on Philibert? Yes, I am nitpicking but still...
/dimi

Where is it for $79.95 ?
And regarding the price on the Philibert website, we don't know how much Philibert pays for the games and for the shipping and how much/if they make on each box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.