Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Reevo
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just a quick share of the board I modded to make it easy to set up and play Joe Fatula's incredible Leaving Earth. Out of the box, it's a bit of a fiddle getting it all laid out so I got busy working out the best way to go about making it easier.

I used A1 2.5mm grey-board, painted it up and glued cut up 2mm tile spacers (a couple of rogue ones in the photo above, for some reason). Now - so long as it's been previously packed away neatly - it gets set up in four minutes. That's bags from box and into place and ready to play (once the missions are chosen). Here it is all set up...

The space on the right holds the mission cards, which can slide up and down for info as well as out of the way when complete. I call it the Ektopia Mission Card Sliding Ground Control Base™ (EMCSGCB™) blush

It looks really densely populated from above but it doesn't feel like it to play and it's great not having the cards navigate elsewhere when you want them to. Anyway, here it is, which is also where I found out about Mod Podge! It was a fun project and no doubt I'll be doing it all over again when I pick up Leaving Earth's expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ektopia wrote:
so long as it's been previously packed away neatly

Looks nice. How/where do you store it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reevo
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironregime wrote:
ektopia wrote:
so long as it's been previously packed away neatly

Looks nice. How/where do you store it?

The second sentence makes you sound like my wife! (Behind the dining room door, is the answer!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.