Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Marks
United States
Sioux falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit, any chance you could make the board 33% larger, maybe as a stretch goal. I'm seriously considering ordering the while kit and caboodle. My only hesitation is, what appears to me, a sad little board. When I watch play through videos with 4 players, everyone has to stand up and lean way in. I think a larger board would work much better for 3+ players.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeneralDelivery wrote:
Benoit, any chance you could make the board 33% larger, maybe as a stretch goal. I'm seriously considering ordering the while kit and caboodle. My only hesitation is, what appears to me, a sad little board. When I watch play through videos with 4 players, everyone has to stand up and lean way in. I think a larger board would work much better for 3+ players.

Thanks

I think it's simply the table in the demo that is big - 60 cm x 60 cm isn't so small at all.

If you also have to put unit dashboards next to them you haven't got a lot of space left, to be honest. Most people have tables 85-100 cm wide.
If they are to be bigger I'd rather have them more rectangular as in 90 x 60 cm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played the game at Essen. The board is fine, I thinks its the same dimensions as the Conan boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Marks
United States
Sioux falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input, fellas. My mind is nearly at ease.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
I have played the game at Essen. The board is fine, I thinks its the same dimensions as the Conan boards.

roughly the same, Conans are 70x60
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:

i am not sure about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belsamoreth wrote:
Evil_X wrote:

i am not sure about this.

I believe it's confirmed that Conan was 70x60 and that MB has 60x60 - so you can also use the boards when you turn them 90 degrees so you create another setup with different starting positions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll add my voice to those who have played four player and found no issues wth the size of the board
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
GeneralDelivery wrote:

Thanks

I honestly do not think that there is an issue with the boards. We do not plan to propose larger boards at this stage. It could cause issues to play on two boards at the same time (as it is the case on some scenarios).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not going to make your own huge terrain board? What's wrong with you? laugh

(And, yes, iirc, one of the books will tell you how to make your own 3D terrain boards!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
You're not going to make your own huge terrain board? What's wrong with you? laugh

(And, yes, iirc, one of the books will tell you how to make your own 3D terrain boards!)

how can you move troups in the middle of the board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belsamoreth wrote:

how can you move troups in the middle of the board?

or something like that.
if you get it programmed by a computer you could use it for the hot topic of the moment on the ks page - solo mode

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mb

how can you move troops in the middle of the board?

I was thinking something like this:

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/BPDA45/rick-moranis-honey-i-shrunk-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.