Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Bayes
United States
O'Fallon
MO
flag msg tools
mbmb
So just got the Climate expansion. my friends and i haven't played in awhile. we couldnt find anywhere in the rules when you draw new cards. We though it was at the end of the round 1+ the number of species you have. Does anyone know for sure how you get more cards? ps we knew that you got a card per trait when a species is killed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goldman
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the top of each round in Climate you draw 4 cards plus 1 for each species you have out on the table (in the base game it is 3+ 1 per species). So if you have 3 species, you draw 7 cards.
Quote:

we knew that you got a card per trait when a species is killed.

Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
backspace8908 wrote:
So just got the Climate expansion. my friends and i haven't played in awhile. we couldnt find anywhere in the rules when you draw new cards. We though it was at the end of the round 1+ the number of species you have. Does anyone know for sure how you get more cards? ps we knew that you got a card per trait when a species is killed.

You mean you just created a print and play of Climate and you don't have the rules! laugh

Or if that is incorrect, just look at Phase 1: Deal Cards. I think it's pretty clear (unless I'm missing something).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bayes
United States
O'Fallon
MO
flag msg tools
mbmb
I backed it on kickstarter. It already arrived. Wow I can't believe we missed that. Thanks. Great game by the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad. I'm sorry for misunderstanding. It's always good to hear what people over-look so we can try and do it better for the next print run.

I'm assuming you received the conversion kit?
Then you read the Set Up and got everything ready?
Then you jumped to the Modify Environment to figure out how the new Climate Track works?

Is that right? And then at some point you were trying to refresh yourself on how many cards you draw while someone looked through the rules. He felt pressure since everyone was waiting for him to find it and throwing out their opinions of how to proceed?

Anyhow... any insight into what was happening would definitely help out. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
backspace8908 wrote:
So just got the Climate expansion.

BTW, this is not an expansion. Climate is a stand-alone! We decided to sell a conversion kit for people who already have Evolution in order to save them money. It a small distinction, but an important one to us. A lot of people become interested in the game as soon as they realize it's a stand-alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.