Popular Tags: [View All]
Graham Walker
Netherlands
Hilversum
flag msg tools
badge
what the chit!?
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the game three times and am not able to satisfy both victory conditions. Given that you need to average over 3 points per turn, there seems to be no room for any bad card draws.

Are the victory conditions a little ambitious or am I just not that good?

I realize I could just move on, but would like to earn my way if at all possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's another thread with some pointers by the designer, well worth checking out.

I'm now 5 games in and still nowhere near the vp *and* food requirements. I can get close to one or the other but not both. Getting the right cards in hand is fairly vital.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Look here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1665109/help-solo-play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm almost a dozen plays into chapter 2, and I will agree that it's a tough one. I managed to pull what I thought was a good combination of buildings, but still ended up 5 VPs short.

I do feel like I'm getting closer, though. Rabbit and Tony Merz do help if you get them in hand, so it's often worth taking the mulligan, and making sure you've got quite a big hand to make that worthwhile.

I'm going to try some other strategies, and also make videos of some of my sessions, just in case anyone is interested in telling me what I'm doing wrong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Avataarkaap wrote:
I'm almost a dozen plays into chapter 2, and I will agree that it's a tough one. I managed to pull what I thought was a good combination of buildings, but still ended up 5 VPs short.

I do feel like I'm getting closer, though. Rabbit and Tony Merz do help if you get them in hand, so it's often worth taking the mulligan, and making sure you've got quite a big hand to make that worthwhile.

I'm going to try some other strategies, and also make videos of some of my sessions, just in case anyone is interested in telling me what I'm doing wrong...

Glad it's sounding possible, albeit with a lot of plays (which, to be honest, is good for a solo game). I had Tony Merz come up twice in the market in my game yesterday but never into my hand. Bah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the video I made: https://youtu.be/XdDmHAXSngI

I managed to complete Chapter 1, but seem to have lost the last bit of my video.

Let me know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shall I make a video for Chapter 2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Avataarkaap wrote:
Shall I make a video for Chapter 2?

It would be interesting to see, yes. I'm still battling with Chapter 1, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Walker
Netherlands
Hilversum
flag msg tools
badge
what the chit!?
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally squeezed a chapter 1 win with the exact amount of good and food. nothing left to spare.

Of course now I am stuck on chapter 2, but I got close last time round so I figure Itnis only a matter of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Boisselle
Canada
Boucherville
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Within the realm of color, the shadows often assume responsibility for the awkward shine of yellow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Two more games.

Can't seem to get both victory conditions.
The best i did was my last try, 48 Food and 25 points.

It's really hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sorich
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to get past chapter 2 either. Failed 4 times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.