Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game in trade and am looking forward to giving it a try. As part of the trade I was excited to see a bunch of contents from other sets included:

From Castle Ravenloft (no minis or tiles):

Adventure book
Encounter cards
Treasure cards
Monster cards
Hero decks/cards with 5 square cardboard "tokens"
3 square cardboard villain "tokens"
1 large level 6 villain "token" -- Count Strahd Von Zarovich & Gravestorm, Dracolich

From Legends of Drizzt (no minis or tiles):

Adventure book
Encounter cards
Treasure cards
Monster cards
Hero decks/cards with 7 square cardboard "tokens"
3 square cardboard villain "tokens"

Since it's extra it's not a big deal if I can't use them, but if folks have some thoughts on what can and cannot be easily included, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmb
If you are totally missing all the minis and tiles from either other games, You could really only use the Encounter cards (Except any traps that would require the Trap tokens) and the Treasure cards.

The games are designed to be interchangeable, but if you are missing any of the tiles or minis, it'll be a little tougher. You can always use the Monsters and Heroes - you would just have to have stand-ins for the required minis.

Adventures would be tougher as they require certain tiles to fulfill some of the scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dastardly Knave
msg tools
If you proxy miniatures then I don't see why you cant use the monsters. Same goes for the Heroes if you have all of their At Will, daily and utility cards and their big hero card.

I don't have Ravenloft but I know that many of the encounter cards from Drizzt reference certain features on tiles. You could remove these and still use the others. I think most of the treasure cards would be ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
El_Tonio wrote:
Just got the game in trade and am looking forward to giving it a try. As part of the trade I was excited to see a bunch of contents from other sets included:

Well it would be easy enough to use proxies so not having the mini's isn't the end of the world but you'll kind of need the tiles to play those games. Thing is it's not hard to find the tiles on ebay: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to make your own status tokens if you don't have them all. You will have two types with Ashardalon, but Castle Ravenloft and Drizzt add two more each, which will come up if you use all the monsters and encounters.

The types are poisoned, slowed, dazed etc. I can't remember them all off the top of my head but it won't be hard to find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.