Hide
6 Posts

Blood Rage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Frigga's Protection and Odin's Tide rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr Jonez
msg tools
I haven't seen this combination discussed yet.

Odin's Tide is played (Before comparing STR, each player chooses and destroys all but one of his figures in this battle)

It makes sense that someone could use Frigga's Protection (You may pay 1 rage to prevent a figure of yours from being destroyed) and spend 1 rage to prevent a figure from being destroyed...

Does that figure's STR (and abilities) still factor into the battle?

Follow up question with the expansion... Frigga (no figures can be destroyed for any reason during battle)
What effect would Odin't Tide have in Frigga's province?
Would everyone's STR count as if it hadn't been played?
Would everyone have just 1 figure that counts in the battle?

- Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
Frigga's Protection can save your figures from Odin's Tide, and they would still count in the battle. Battle resolution takes place after cards and their effects take place.

As for Frigga's ability, it completely negates Odin's Tide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Affonso
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Kevin said. It can be very expensive, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Goody
msg tools
What order are cards played in during a battle? If a player has Heimdalls Watch, would this happen before or after the text one other cards. This happened in a recent game and I decided the pillager's card takes priority

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arry -
msg tools
big bob wrote:
What order are cards played in during a battle? If a player has Heimdalls Watch, would this happen before or after the text one other cards. This happened in a recent game and I decided the pillager's card takes priority

Thor's Primacy -> Heimdall's Watch -> everything else. Within a category, start from pillager and go clockwise. You might be interested in the FAQ published by the game publisher. (https://cmon-files.s3.amazonaws.com/pdf/assets_item/resource...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
big bob wrote:

To help remember, alphabetize...
C ancel
D iscard
E verything else
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.