Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Getting a Marvel Legendary playmat? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Reilly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After playing this game around 10 times, I'm already wary of the board, considering I've seen plenty of posters lamenting it.

My question is, I know Villains comes with a swanky play mat, but does any other expansion? If not, is there a way to get just the Villains mat alone? I've considered custom printing one, but they seem to want the cost of a new Marvel Legendary expansion for it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
No other expansion comes with a Mat.

Know that the Villains mat has the city "backwards", if you are used to playing on the base game board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendary Big Trouble In Little China comes with a mat. The artwork is different but I think it has all locations in the same places as the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
I would venture to guess that newer Legendary base games will come with mats instead of boards.

There is not currently an official one available for the Marvel base game but some of the users here have created images that can be used to print your own mat at a site like inked playmats

Here is one that I like the best as it covers everything so far: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/129310/heroes-villains-co...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jreilly89 wrote:
After playing this game around 10 times, I'm already wary of the board, considering I've seen plenty of posters lamenting it.

My question is, I know Villains comes with a swanky play mat, but does any other expansion? If not, is there a way to get just the Villains mat alone? I've considered custom printing one, but they seem to want the cost of a new Marvel Legendary expansion for it

You should be able to get way more than 10 plays out of your base game mounted board. I've got over 100 plays on mine and it still looks completely fine. I did switch to a custom printed mat, but moreso for portability/storage concerns rather than durability related ones.

Also, Marvel did release an official playmat for the regular base game. I have seen them pop up on eBay from time to time. But it's been OOP for a couple years, and no official word from UDE has been provided to my knowledge as to when or if it will ever come back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Nijssen
Netherlands
Rosmalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/24228802
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
az933k wrote:
I would venture to guess that newer Legendary base games will come with mats instead of boards.

There is not currently an official one available for the Marvel base game but some of the users here have created images that can be used to print your own mat at a site like inked playmats

Here is one that I like the best as it covers everything so far: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/129310/heroes-villains-co...

Wow! Thank you for the high acclaim! I am truly honored!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
Legendary Big Trouble In Little China comes with a mat. The artwork is different but I think it has all locations in the same places as the board.

Yes, locations are the same. The mat is perfect for Legendary Marvel, I use it all the time. Legendary Big Trouble In Little China is very underrated, I like it a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
??? ???
msg tools
Azikin wrote:
Evil_X wrote:

Yes, locations are the same. The mat is perfect for Legendary Marvel, I use it all the time. Legendary Big Trouble In Little China is very underrated, I like it a lot.

It is and it isn't. It gets far more hate than warranted, but the reasons are legit. What most seem to complain about is that it isn't Marvel, and that it feels too different, and that it doesn't include a coin which is required for a coinflip card. These are legitimate complains, but are mostly right there in the instruction book. It isn't like they hid the fact that the game is different in feel to ordinary legendary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heads up for anyone looking for a Legendary playmat, Inked Gaming is having a sale today....

Inked Gaming 35% off entire site
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
Heads up for anyone looking for a Legendary playmat, Inked Gaming is having a sale today....

Inked Gaming 35% off entire site

I need to get mine updated today then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.