3 Posts

Legendary: Secret Wars – Volume 1» Forums » General

Subject: Are There Any Videos of Playing as Mastrmind? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in the set because of the ability to play as the mastermind, but info about how the mastermind plays is very sparse. I read the mastermind rules from the rule sheet and saw some reviews saying that the mastermind is OP, for I want to know more. Are there any game play videos out there with a player playing as the mastermind? A scan of some of the ambition cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe all of the Ambition cards have been scanned into the spoilers thread. It should be one of the first threads here in the Secret Wars Vol. 1 forum.

Overall, the Mastermind player is really only OP if you pick a hard scheme comboed with a hard Mastermind. If the Mastermind is Red Skull, even with Ambition cards, it isn't super difficult in a 2 or 3 player game.

Also it should be noted that Secret Wars Vol. 2 has a scheme called "Sinister Ambitions" that uses cards from the Ambition deck, so even if you never play as the Mastermind, there technically is a use for the cards.

If you don't care about the artwork and only want to know what text is on the Ambition cards, the full text thread should have what you need: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1243890/complete-card-t...

EDIT: Here's the link with the spoiler images. Links to all of the cards are in the first post: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1339044/what-we-know-un...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Banzon
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried it yet and I kind of want to see it in action. Maybe the let's players can give us a run? Even if it's just Red Skull vs. whoever?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.