$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
48 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Card List? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric S
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just a very basic question: Does anyone have a list of the cards in the game/price/effects/etc.?

There isn't one in the files section, and I'd make one but I don't actually own the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
The best we had so far was a list of the card tag distributions (should be in the files section)

To my knowledge, there is no full list of all cards.

And, to be fair, I don't think that's something a lot of publishers would want to see on the internet either.

Cheers, Sebastian
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FWIW, that's less of a concern so long as it is a text-only transcription. (Of course, it would absolutely violate the terms of service under BGG to reproduce whole card images.)

We do this sort of thing all the time with the Legendary: Marvel game with each new release of an expansion. I don't know if the locals here on this forum would be as OK with it, so while I'd be happy to do this for Terraforming Mars, I'd want to make sure the project has a consensus of support within this particular subforum.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorry Moller
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a couple of lists of how often the resource and production symbols appear, so you could get an idea of how easy/hard it is to get a strategy to work (ex- heat strategy). Some folks could consider that a spoiler though I guess.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1660971/list-attack-and-pro...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1660974/cards-non-productio...

Someone else did a tag count:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/137795/tm-tag-count-and-f...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheUbiquitous wrote:
FWIW, that's less of a concern so long as it is a text-only transcription. (Of course, it would absolutely violate the terms of service under BGG to reproduce whole card images.)

We do this sort of thing all the time with the Legendary: Marvel game with each new release of an expansion. I don't know if the locals here on this forum would be as OK with it, so while I'd be happy to do this for Terraforming Mars, I'd want to make sure the project has a consensus of support within this particular subforum.


As it's familiarizing one's self with the cards, when and how to play them to their optimal effect, I for one would greatly welcome this.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric S
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheUbiquitous wrote:
FWIW, that's less of a concern so long as it is a text-only transcription. (Of course, it would absolutely violate the terms of service under BGG to reproduce whole card images.)

We do this sort of thing all the time with the Legendary: Marvel game with each new release of an expansion. I don't know if the locals here on this forum would be as OK with it, so while I'd be happy to do this for Terraforming Mars, I'd want to make sure the project has a consensus of support within this particular subforum.


I'd greatly welcome it, and I can't imagine why people think the publishers wouldn't. There are card databases online for just about any game with more than 30-40 different cards...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here it is!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric S
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheUbiquitous wrote:


You rock! Any chance you can add the corp cards to a future version?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirian42 wrote:
TheUbiquitous wrote:


You rock! Any chance you can add the corp cards to a future version?


How do you mean?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
TheUbiquitous wrote:
Kirian42 wrote:
TheUbiquitous wrote:


You rock! Any chance you can add the corp cards to a future version?


How do you mean?


He probably means adding a list with the effect of each corporation

Sebastian
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ah, not a problem. I do intend on adding this, but after writing up all the cards I was a bit burnt-out!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Fryxelius
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Notice: We (FryxGames and Stronghold) were not entirely comfortable about having all the raw information of the cards displayed here on BGG, so we requested BGG to delete that thread. We are sure the list was published with the very best of intentions and we appreciate the work you put into this project. We are sorry for the inconvenience...

We do not mind people sharing statistics, counting tags, discussing individual cards etc, on the contrary, we appreciate people taking so much interest in this game. But making comprehensive lists, displaying all information needed for anyone to make their own versions of the game, that is taking it one step too far in our opinion.

I am sorry that we didn't react before you made that great effort (I know it's a lot of cards!). I hope you enjoy playing the game...
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
EagleEye80 wrote:
Notice: We (FryxGames and Stronghold) were not entirely comfortable about having all the raw information of the cards displayed here on BGG, so we requested BGG to delete that thread. We are sure the list was published with the very best of intentions and we appreciate the work you put into this project. We are sorry for the inconvenience...

We do not mind people sharing statistics, counting tags, discussing individual cards etc, on the contrary, we appreciate people taking so much interest in this game. But making comprehensive lists, displaying all information needed for anyone to make their own versions of the game, that is taking it one step too far in our opinion.

I am sorry that we didn't react before you made that great effort (I know it's a lot of cards!). I hope you enjoy playing the game...

Well, it hurts to be right. soblue
(Especially since I needed the english card names for a forum game I wanted to start... shake)
However, please note that I very much understand your decision.
Also, I am a very huge fan of explaining your decision here.
It might be difficult to stop a community project in its tracks and then tell us that you've done so, but I very much appreciate the communication! thumbsup


TheUbiquitous wrote:
FWIW, that's less of a concern so long as it is a text-only transcription. (Of course, it would absolutely violate the terms of service under BGG to reproduce whole card images.)

We do this sort of thing all the time with the Legendary: Marvel game with each new release of an expansion. I don't know if the locals here on this forum would be as OK with it, so while I'd be happy to do this for Terraforming Mars, I'd want to make sure the project has a consensus of support within this particular subforum.


I don't mean to sound spiteful,
but I think it's a nice courtesy to ask for permission first if you do such a project, if possible.
If the designer/publisher doesn't want you to do the project, you can abort before putting all the work into it.
On the other hand, if you do not ask for permission, you put them into an awkward spot where they might be uncomfortable with your project, but the barrier to remove it may seem too high, or they might fear a negative response from the community when removing it.
To be fair, I didn't ask for permission either when making a list of card tag distributions or collecting game statswhistle, but neither unveils specific information about game materials.

Oh yeah, whether you legally need any permission for this sort of project, as indicated in the other thread, is de facto irrelevant.


Cheers,
Sebastian
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
EagleEye80 wrote:
Notice: We (FryxGames and Stronghold) were not entirely comfortable about having all the raw information of the cards displayed here on BGG, so we requested BGG to delete that thread. We are sure the list was published with the very best of intentions and we appreciate the work you put into this project. We are sorry for the inconvenience...

We do not mind people sharing statistics, counting tags, discussing individual cards etc, on the contrary, we appreciate people taking so much interest in this game. But making comprehensive lists, displaying all information needed for anyone to make their own versions of the game, that is taking it one step too far in our opinion.

I am sorry that we didn't react before you made that great effort (I know it's a lot of cards!). I hope you enjoy playing the game...


shake I guess I won't be able to read the cards now to formulate any strategies, therefore I won't be able to play the game well, therefore I won't buy it. It takes me awhile to warm up to game enough to buy it. I've played Terra Mystica FOR FREE on http://terra.snellman.net/ for almost 1 year and http://lodev.org/tmai/ for 2 years before finally buying the game. I played Catan for 3 years on PlayCatan.com (though that was a subscription service at a cheap $5/mo) before I purchased every single main expansion and 5-6p version.

The funny thing about the snellman site is that the Terra Mystica designers have actually used the site for playtesting many things about the game and the Fire and Ice expansion. The only thing I'm not happy about Z-Man is their lack of demos copies at game shops and no in person tournaments are available.

Make their own copies of the game? You do realize it's CHEAPER, less time intensive, and NICER to just buy the game? Even if the full color image versions of cards were displayed the ink or toner cost to an average person is more than the cost of the game itself.

I strongly encourage you to rethink this.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oh and another thing to rant about... there is an online version available. However, when it comes to playing the games online there is an overwhelming preference for simplicity and automation in every single instance when 2 platforms are available for any potential game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric S
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
EagleEye80 wrote:
Notice: We (FryxGames and Stronghold) were not entirely comfortable about having all the raw information of the cards displayed here on BGG, so we requested BGG to delete that thread. We are sure the list was published with the very best of intentions and we appreciate the work you put into this project. We are sorry for the inconvenience...


I want to note this is the opposite of the stance of most other publishers. Just to consider a few:

Sentinels of the Multiverse: http://sentinelswiki.com/index.php?title=Absolute_Zero
Ascension: http://ascensiongame.com/game/card-database/ (on the publisher's site, includes art)
Dominion: http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Main_Page (includes art)
Through the Ages: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/123302/tta-new-story-civi... (nicely organized)
Agricola: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135055/agricola-revised-e...

etc.

Quote:
But making comprehensive lists, displaying all information needed for anyone to make their own versions of the game, that is taking it one step too far in our opinion.


Even ignoring art, making my own version of the game would take way more time, materials, and effort than just buying the game, when I finally can.

Quote:
I hope you enjoy playing the game...


See, here's the thing: I can't play the game. I got to play it once on someone else's copy, and until copies are again extant in the wild, I likely won't get to play again. So I was rather hoping to be able to examine the cards and figure out strategies without having a copy.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan G
msg tools
JamesWolfpacker wrote:


shake I guess I won't be able to read the cards now to formulate any strategies, therefore I won't be able to play the game well, therefore I won't buy it. It takes me awhile to warm up to game enough to buy it. I've played Terra Mystica FOR FREE on http://terra.snellman.net/ for almost 1 year and http://lodev.org/tmai/ for 2 years before finally buying the game. I played Catan for 3 years on PlayCatan.com (though that was a subscription service at a cheap $5/mo) before I purchased every single main expansion and 5-6p version.


I would suggest you try a pc game like Tabletop simulator, available on steam. Not sure how the devs view a service like that, but I know I've sampled multiple games on that platform, including terraforming mars, which I then bought.

Actually that's the first place I saw it and fell in love with the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EagleEye80 wrote:
Notice: We (FryxGames and Stronghold) were not entirely comfortable about having all the raw information of the cards displayed here on BGG, so we requested BGG to delete that thread. We are sure the list was published with the very best of intentions and we appreciate the work you put into this project. We are sorry for the inconvenience...

We do not mind people sharing statistics, counting tags, discussing individual cards etc, on the contrary, we appreciate people taking so much interest in this game. But making comprehensive lists, displaying all information needed for anyone to make their own versions of the game, that is taking it one step too far in our opinion.

I am sorry that we didn't react before you made that great effort (I know it's a lot of cards!). I hope you enjoy playing the game...

No, I stopped enjoying it just as I red this post. I noticed another error on card done in Polish Edition of the game and I wanted to check what is the correct card effect.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rafal100 wrote:
I noticed another error on card done in Polish Edition of the game and I wanted to check what is the correct card effect.


Which card (card number as well would be great), and what is your interpretation of the polish card?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
orjanalmen wrote:
rafal100 wrote:
I noticed another error on card done in Polish Edition of the game and I wanted to check what is the correct card effect.


Which card (card number as well would be great), and what is your interpretation of the polish card?

Very good question.
I cannot give a sure and FULL answer because
1. OBVIOUSLY I don't have cArd list.
2.I don't have English version band any means of getting it now. Why should l? Polish version was avaible earlier.
3. It is Fryx Games/ Rebel / Ludifact / other local publishers job to check / confront / confirm validity of components of the game and translation.
As I saw from threads names in this forum German version is also bugged.

As an example in the yesterday game priblem waa with
1. card 162 which according to card effect text gave 3 heat production and 3 heat. I bought for my first round. But when was playing it icons didn't match with text.
2. my opponent was playing Tharsis corporation, which caused a lot of problems with various effects triggers.Some o them are triggered/count all cities on BOARD some of them only from cities on PLANET. But this distinction is lost in translation. So once trust in card effect text is broken, there are doubts about next cards: C apital is or isn't a city?
And that was problems in one game, And I even didn't start
So if someone in chain designer,translator,publisher,printer haven't done his job right, I was counting on BGG community for help...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
rafal100 wrote:
orjanalmen wrote:
rafal100 wrote:
I noticed another error on card done in Polish Edition of the game and I wanted to check what is the correct card effect.


Which card (card number as well would be great), and what is your interpretation of the polish card?

Very good question.
I cannot give a sure and FULL answer because
1. OBVIOUSLY I don't have cArd list.
2.I don't have English version band any means of getting it now. Why should l? Polish version was avaible earlier.
3. It is Fryx Games/ Rebel / Ludifact / other local publishers job to check / confront / confirm validity of components of the game and translation.
As I saw from threads names in this forum German version is also bugged.

As an example in the yesterday game priblem waa with
1. card 162 which according to card effect text gave 3 heat production and 3 heat. I bought for my first round. But when was playing it icons didn't match with text.
2. my opponent was playing Tharsis corporation, which caused a lot of problems with various effects triggers.Some o them are triggered/count all cities on BOARD some of them only from cities on PLANET. But this distinction is lost in translation. So once trust in card effect text is broken, there are doubts about next cards: C apital is or isn't a city?
And that was problems in one game, And I even didn't start
So if someone in chain designer,translator,publisher,printer haven't done his job right, I was counting on BGG community for help...


Hi!

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with translation errors.
Obviously, a full card list would be great for such cases,
but we can also help you if you tell us the card numbers in question.
They are the identic in all languages, so they uniquely identify a card and allow us to help you.

In the cases you brought up,
- card #192 increases your heat production by 1, as indicated by the icon on the card. In this case, the Polish translation seems to contain an error.
- Tharsis Republic increases your M€ income by 1 every time ANYONE places a city tile ON MARS, and you receive 3M€ any time YOU place a city tile ANYWHERE. I am sorry to hear the polish version does not properly reflect this.
- the card Capital places the unique Capital city tile, which counts and scores like a normal city tile, but additionally gives you VPs for adjacent ocean tiles, as stated on the card. This is also clarified in the game rules.

As a general rule, if the card text deviates from the icons printed on the card, refer to the icons.
Since they are the same across all languages, this eliminates translations as a potential source for errors.


If you need any other help, I'd be happy to assist you


Cheers,
Sebastian
10 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bastinator1 wrote:
rafal100 wrote:
orjanalmen wrote:
rafal100 wrote:
I noticed another error on card done in Polish Edition of the game and I wanted to check what is the correct card effect.


Which card (card number as well would be great), and what is your interpretation of the polish card?

Very good question.
I cannot give a sure and FULL answer because
1. OBVIOUSLY I don't have cArd list.
2.I don't have English version band any means of getting it now. Why should l? Polish version was avaible earlier.
3. It is Fryx Games/ Rebel / Ludifact / other local publishers job to check / confront / confirm validity of components of the game and translation.
As I saw from threads names in this forum German version is also bugged.

As an example in the yesterday game priblem waa with
1. card 162 which according to card effect text gave 3 heat production and 3 heat. I bought for my first round. But when was playing it icons didn't match with text.
2. my opponent was playing Tharsis corporation, which caused a lot of problems with various effects triggers.Some o them are triggered/count all cities on BOARD some of them only from cities on PLANET. But this distinction is lost in translation. So once trust in card effect text is broken, there are doubts about next cards: C apital is or isn't a city?
And that was problems in one game, And I even didn't start
So if someone in chain designer,translator,publisher,printer haven't done his job right, I was counting on BGG community for help...


Hi!

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with translation errors.
Obviously, a full card list would be great for such cases,
but we can also help you if you tell us the card numbers in question.
They are the identic in all languages, so they uniquely identify a card and allow us to help you.

In the cases you brought up,
- card #192 increases your heat production by 1, as indicated by the icon on the card. In this case, the Polish translation seems to contain an error.
- Tharsis Republic increases your M€ income by 1 every time ANYONE places a city tile ON MARS, and you receive 3M€ any time YOU place a city tile ANYWHERE. I am sorry to hear the polish version does not properly reflect this.
- the card Capital places the unique Capital city tile, which counts and scores like a normal city tile, but additionally gives you VPs for adjacent ocean tiles, as stated on the card. This is also clarified in the game rules.

As a general rule, if the card text deviates from the icons printed on the card, refer to the icons.
Since they are the same across all languages, this eliminates translations as a potential source for errors.


If you need any other help, I'd be happy to assist you


Cheers,
Sebastian

Thank you ALL
I did some digging on Polish forum and there was a post from Rebel,containing Errata of 7 cards , FAQ and some rules changes (not linked on BGG) deep in the middle of 50-pages thread
All errata was for base game cards( these error were obvious and all players played with these cards ). So either there was no errors on Corporate Age cards OR they haven't found them... yet.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WJ C
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EagleEye80 wrote:
displaying all information needed for anyone to make their own versions of the game, that is taking it one step too far in our opinion.


I'm sorry but this makes no sense at all! Just who is going to print out hundreds of cards to make their own copy? And if they did, how would a few home made copies hurt your company? If there really is a big operation going on making fake games, do you really think blocking a card list on bgg forum will stop them? They will just buy a copy of your game and make duplicates that way. The card list is just for reference for people who already have the game or are looking to buy the game. By preventing people from doing this, it just makes you guys look petty and stupid.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmb
EagleEye80 wrote:
Notice: We (FryxGames and Stronghold) were not entirely comfortable about having all the raw information of the cards displayed here on BGG, so we requested BGG to delete that thread. We are sure the list was published with the very best of intentions and we appreciate the work you put into this project. We are sorry for the inconvenience...

We do not mind people sharing statistics, counting tags, discussing individual cards etc, on the contrary, we appreciate people taking so much interest in this game. But making comprehensive lists, displaying all information needed for anyone to make their own versions of the game, that is taking it one step too far in our opinion.

I am sorry that we didn't react before you made that great effort (I know it's a lot of cards!). I hope you enjoy playing the game...

Unnecessary paranoia, if you ask me. Do you guys really think that people are going to make more than two hundred cards from scratch? How would this ever be less expensive and time-consuming than just buying the game?

As people said, information like this is available for lots of games, and that enables people to analyse those games and thus enjoy them more.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Whymme wrote:
Do you guys really think that people are going to make more than two hundred cards from scratch? How would this ever be less expensive and time-consuming than just buying the game?
It would be time-consuming, yes, but it's doable (and only needs to be done once), and if you have access to 'effectively' free (color) printing, it's definitely less expensive.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.