Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question regarding timing:

Imagine you have the skill FRENZY in front of you and four wounds in your hand. Now, you play RAGING INFERNO and pimp it with 1 magic, i.e. you deal two meele damage to one target and 4 damage (one per wound) to all targets.

The question here is when FRENZY triggers.

a) BEFORE you pimp your attack (i.e. you'd have only three wounds in your hand as FRENZY needs you to discard a wound) thus dealing only three damage to each monster

OR

b) you resolve RAGING INFERNO completely BEFORE you trigger FRENZY, i.e. 4 damage to all monsters AND discard a wound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Mixo wrote:
I have a question regarding timing:

Imagine you have the skill FRENZY in front of you and four wounds in your hand. Now, you play RAGING INFERNO and pimp it with 1 magic, i.e. you deal two meele damage to one target and 4 damage (one per wound) to all targets.

The question here is when FRENZY triggers.

a) BEFORE you pimp your attack (i.e. you'd have only three wounds in your hand as FRENZY needs you to discard a wound) thus dealing only three damage to each monster

OR

b) you resolve RAGING INFERNO completely BEFORE you trigger FRENZY, i.e. 4 damage to all monsters AND discard a wound.

You are allowed to use Frenzy either before or after. You'd almost always want to do it after. I can think of just one occasion where before would be preferable:

Some monsters (Blackshard Corruptor for instance) do a nasty bonus effect if they take 2 or more damage in one round.
This occurs even if the extra damage is overkill - for instance if it's at 1 health and your only available Attack is a Wild Charge or Blessed Smite.
So if that's in play at the same time as your primary target AND has just 1 health left AND you have exactly 2 Wounds in hand, you might want to discard down to 1 first to kill it with exact damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.