Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After being off the air for a few months, during which time it was cancelled, Aaron Sorkin's Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip will return to NBC this Thursday 5/24 at 10pm ET. It looks like new episodes for the next few weeks, and my guess is that the network will show them in the Thursday 10pm timeslot until they run out, then take the show off the air for good.

I really enjoyed this show, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they wrap it up.

http://www.nbc.com/Studio_60_on_the_Sunset_Strip/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
bwingrave wrote:
After being off the air for a few months, during which time it was cancelled, Aaron Sorkin's Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip will return to NBC this Thursday 5/24 at 10pm ET. It looks like new episodes for the next few weeks, and my guess is that the network will show them in the Thursday 10pm timeslot until they run out, then take the show off the air for good.

I really enjoyed this show, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they wrap it up.

http://www.nbc.com/Studio_60_on_the_Sunset_Strip/

NBC is the new FOX. Tanking what is brilliant and promoting two-dimensional crap to the top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No kidding. If there was a show to give another shot with a good timeslot (this was a Thursday night show - not something for Monday night), this was it. Sorkin got slammed in the press for some soapbox stuff but, honestly, this was a wonderful show with that trademark Sorkin dialogue (snarky, funny and - well, yes - everyone talks in the same voice) and some terrific performances. A real shame!

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harkleroad
United States
Butler, PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I wasn't buying it. One or two episodes were kind of fun to watch--I'll grant that it's different, something definitely lacking in today's television landscape--but after that it got boring. And preachy. And repetitive. I appreciate Sorkin's ability to make refreshing television, but come on--every episode had the same conversation with the same two personality conflicts about the same two or three topics, most of which were interesting but kind of came off as condescending. I gave the show about six episodes, which is more than enough to sell me, and it didn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. It makes my wife happy. She really likes the show although I just never got into it.

I'll still gladly watch Sports Night on DVD, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Don't be humble you're not that great -- Golda Meir
mbmbmb
I wasn't a fan. Felt too much like West Wing. Too much drama about the presidency is one thing, too much drama about a comedy skit show just doesn't seem to fit. I'll stick with 30 rock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I tried it and wanted to like it because we really enjoyed West Wing, but I couldn't get interested in a bunch of showbiz types making a sketch comedy show. (Plus I always thought it was odd that the clips of the sketches you got to see were dreadfully unfunny -- it would have been better to not see the sketches at all)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick note for those planning to record the show: Due to tonight's episodes of The Office and Scrubs each being over 30 minutes, it appears that Studio 60... will start around 10:05pm. Also, it's listed as a 55-minute episode.

http://tinyurl.com/25v39g

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to get too interested in watching a show you know is parading through its death march.

Tina Fey had a good zinger--she said she showed up to a party and Sorkin was wearing the same dress she was, only it was twice as long and not even half as funny.

EDIT: Looked up the actual quote:

"I hear Aaron Sorkin is in Los Angeles wearing the same dress- but longer, and not funny."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
franklincobb wrote:
It's hard to get too interested in watching a show you know is parading through its death march.

Tina Fey had a good zinger--she said she showed up to a party and Sorkin was wearing the same dress she was, only it was twice as long and not even half as funny.

EDIT: Looked up the actual quote:

"I hear Aaron Sorkin is in Los Angeles wearing the same dress- but longer, and not funny."

I like Fey, but 30 Rock was like pulling teeth. But I hear its doing well, which pretty much is consistent with my "Fall of the American Empire via Television" strategy. Between that at Ugly Betty I mean, christ, thats some horrible television.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, now....some of us love Betty. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
bwingrave wrote:
Hey, now....some of us love Betty.

I think its most of you. Its very popular.

I gave it three episodes. I hated every single moment. This probably says more about me than the show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NBC has the 5/24 and 5/31 episodes on their website (high-speed connection recommended), in case anyone missed one: http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episodes/studio60.shtml

5/24's "Disaster Show" was the least enjoyable episode thus far, probably due to the absence of a few of the principle actors. The quality is back (IMHO) in this week's episode ("Breaking News").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls