Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Reevo
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this one had be working to the very last year before confirming getting man to Moon and back as well as a Mercury landing. All the other points from the missions fell in line around these two main missions.

4 Lunar Survey
2 Man in Space
8 Lunar Landing
12 Man on the Moon
7 Mercury Survey
13 Mercury lander

Total 44 - my highest score so far.

The Mercury part of the mission was pretty easy; it just took time, which was worked out to land in the last year. However, I know that I must be working un uneconomically. I know that I made sure that everything was tested to 100% but it wasn't until the penultimate year that I mounted 5 x Saturns to get this list into Earth Orbit: 5 Altas and 3 Juno, which gave me enough power to get Tereshkova there an back to safely float back to Earth... alive. I'm sure that I can work better in Earth Orbit but I haven't worked out how to... yet. I'm thinking that I should send more into Earth Orbit during the Saturn testing and leaving them there via a rendezvous? Maybe, even move items into Lunar Orbit? That's going to take some grey-matter, which I could do with some more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len K
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
You were expecting something witty?
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the slide rule. Hard to believe the Apollo astronauts took a Pickett N600-ES with them for simple/backup calculations.

https://airandspace.si.edu/collection-objects/slide-rule-5-i...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.