Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, got two more questions.

1) When using Sauron and F&F, and using the Gandalf Bag card to draw 5 tiles and use any order, assume you draw more than one activity tile. When using these in succession on different players' turns, do you have to reveal a creature (ie, first tile is an activity), or does the Gandalf card supercede that rule as well?

2) When using the dark tiles, for the same Gandalf card, do you get to draw up to 10 tiles (ie, draw...choose to keep or reject. Then draw another...choose to keep or reject. Continue until you have 5 cards. Of course, you must keep on a redraw.) This is the way I think it should be (otherwise the 5 cards are much more likely to be bad), but just making sure I am doing it right.

Thanks again!

Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Re:One more rules clarification...
butsam (#24770),

1) Every player reveals a Foe if the first tile they face is an Activity tile. Thus, if using Gandalf's Foresight power you draw five activity tiles, each of the next five turns will result in a Foe being revealed because each of those hobbits will face an Activity tile before facing anything else (assuming none of those five tiles get skipped if using the Dark Tiles).

2) Choosing to skip or accept tiles is only done when it is the active hobbit's tile drawing turn. When Gandalf's Foresight power is utilized the players still choose to accept or skip the upcoming tile as normal when it is their turn.

For example, using Gandalf's Foresight ability reveals a Fighting tile, a Sundial, a Friendship tile, and two more Sundials. Instead of drawing from the bag during the tile phase the hobbit simply accepts the Fighting tile (if playing with F&F, this reveals a Foe at this time). The next hobbit is facing a Sundial and elects to skip it and takes the Friendship tile (causing another Foe to come out if playing F&F). The third player chooses to skip the Sundial facing him and must accept the final Sundial (if playing with F&F he will not have to reveal a Foe when he gets an Activity tile, however) and draws from the bag at this point.

I believe that the "draw five tiles" Foresight is meant to only be used in conjunction with the Dark Tiles and the "draw three tiles" Foresight is when playing without, but I'm not certain of that. Playing this way keeps the number of actually activated tiles revealed by Foresight around three.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Allbritain
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian (#24778),
I believe if the new Foresight was meant to parallell the old one as much as possible, it should be used like this:
The active player pulls 5 tiles from the bag, and lays them face up. From then, until the face up tiles are gone, the active player gets to decide which face up tile he takes, and in what order.
This is almost identical to the way the old Foresight worked, only you get more tiles face up.
I still think your answer to question 1 is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
wilco86 wrote:

The active player pulls 5 tiles from the bag, and lays them face up. From then, until the face up tiles are gone, the active player gets to decide which face up tile he takes, and in what order.
This is almost identical to the way the old Foresight worked, only you get more tiles face up.

How is that almost identical when the old Foresight requires the active player to decide the order that the tiles will be faced before continuing play?

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Rosendal
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian (#67298),
You are right

This new gandalf card is more powerful. If you look at the orig game. Forsight was the worst gandalf card. I like this new card better and will be using it in the normal game too.

Compare Forsight with the "ignore the event text".
With forsight, you can draw 3 tiles. lets say you get 1 bad, one good and a sundial. Forsight doesn't help a great deal here! (You can begin mumbling that the game is crazy 1 minute early, but that's it )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.