Hide
3 Posts

Mistfall» Forums » Rules

Subject: End encounter requirements met before start? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Thomas
msg tools
Hi! it's my first game playing solitaire, and I'm confused about my first encounter.

First Tile: Field of Bones, perilous.

Ancient Magic: After an encounter becomes the active encounter, place 1 progression token on that Encounter Card.

New encounter:

Sacrifice of Blood

(I place 1 progression token on the card from the above tile effect.)

Setup Rules:
Place number of heroes = progression tokens on this card

1 hero, so that's 1 progression token. So, now I have 2 progression tokens on the encounter card, before even starting the encounter.

End requirements: Progression = number of heroes +1 (2!) or no Enemies in play.

So, the encounter's end requirement seems to have been fulfilled before it has begun. Unless... the tile effect just overrides the encounter's setup rules, rather than being additive?

If it is indeed 2 tokens to place, do I just end the encounter straight away, or what? (Doesn't seem right...)

whistle

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
You do get to place 2 tokens in this situation, yes.
You don't get to "end the encounter right away" or anything though, there's proper steps and procedure for that and "right away when the encounter is full" is not it. You'll have to handle 1 combat round with the encounters gang but can finish the encounter afterwards (so make sure to kill or disengage any Relentless enemies so the rest scatter).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
msg tools
Ahh, great stuff. Thanks for the clarification, Jan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.