Germany
N├╝rnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have a bunch of addons and am struggeling to bring them all together so i am looking for advice. how do you set up the encounter deck?

i am thinking about:

Every card from basegame
Four Wolfes
Four Deadeye Walkers
6 necromancers (2 times standard, 2 named necros twice)
3 Bosses (I play with them having health)
1 Wulf-Abomination

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I shuffled in everything, and had so many necro cards come up (duh, I think I shuffled in 36 necromancer cards?) that I lost fast simply by the necro dudes scurrying off the map. I also had a ridiculous number of abomination bosses wandering around. So we would have been stomped even if the necromancers hadn't fled

So I wholeheartedly support your endeavor to be more intelligent about what you include!

Let us know how it turns out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan Young
msg tools
mb
this is a very helpful link for creating the spawn deck

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/134584/zombie-deck-diffic...

I disagree with some of the threat levels assigned.
but it is simple enough to modify for your groups liking.

for example I find NPCs easier than walkers because by killing them you get vault weapons. so I lowered their threat weighting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaganishu Khan
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
The difficulty tool is okay, but it doesnt differentiate between the VASTLY uneven power levels of the necromancers and especially the bosses.

I suggest the following: Keep the ratio of cards to necromancer cards roughly the same. So basically, for any 7 or 8 cards you add, add another necromancer card.

HOWEVER: I strongly discourage you from taking more than 2 named necromancers maximum, because otherwise you ll have too many necros and spawns on the board at the same time.

Abominations, I suggest leaving in all the base game ones, then pick 2 of the bosses and shuffle in half their cards (meaning 2 each).

Wolvez and Deadeye Walkers are the biggest "normal zombie" threat, and once you get practiced, the ONLY threat to your survivors most of the time. Handle with care! I suggest going for half/half here as well to begin with, and then slowly introduce more of them. The Deadeyes can sometimes be neutered by map layout, but the wolvez are deadly.

BEWARE: There are 2 absolutely crazy enemies in this game: The Abominalpha and Grin. Both of these can be game enders under the wrong circumstances, and are seriously more powerful than their normal counterparts. If you include both of them, I suggest playing the more powerful survivors (Xuxa for ex., or the woman with +1 damage on ranged weapons at blue level) simply because it will be MERCILESS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.