Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have a bunch of addons and am struggeling to bring them all together so i am looking for advice. how do you set up the encounter deck?

i am thinking about:

Every card from basegame
Four Wolfes
Four Deadeye Walkers
6 necromancers (2 times standard, 2 named necros twice)
3 Bosses (I play with them having health)
1 Wulf-Abomination

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I shuffled in everything, and had so many necro cards come up (duh, I think I shuffled in 36 necromancer cards?) that I lost fast simply by the necro dudes scurrying off the map. I also had a ridiculous number of abomination bosses wandering around. So we would have been stomped even if the necromancers hadn't fled

So I wholeheartedly support your endeavor to be more intelligent about what you include!

Let us know how it turns out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan Young
msg tools
mb
this is a very helpful link for creating the spawn deck

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/134584/zombie-deck-diffic...

I disagree with some of the threat levels assigned.
but it is simple enough to modify for your groups liking.

for example I find NPCs easier than walkers because by killing them you get vault weapons. so I lowered their threat weighting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaganishu Khan
Austria
flag msg tools
The difficulty tool is okay, but it doesnt differentiate between the VASTLY uneven power levels of the necromancers and especially the bosses.

I suggest the following: Keep the ratio of cards to necromancer cards roughly the same. So basically, for any 7 or 8 cards you add, add another necromancer card.

HOWEVER: I strongly discourage you from taking more than 2 named necromancers maximum, because otherwise you ll have too many necros and spawns on the board at the same time.

Abominations, I suggest leaving in all the base game ones, then pick 2 of the bosses and shuffle in half their cards (meaning 2 each).

Wolvez and Deadeye Walkers are the biggest "normal zombie" threat, and once you get practiced, the ONLY threat to your survivors most of the time. Handle with care! I suggest going for half/half here as well to begin with, and then slowly introduce more of them. The Deadeyes can sometimes be neutered by map layout, but the wolvez are deadly.

BEWARE: There are 2 absolutely crazy enemies in this game: The Abominalpha and Grin. Both of these can be game enders under the wrong circumstances, and are seriously more powerful than their normal counterparts. If you include both of them, I suggest playing the more powerful survivors (Xuxa for ex., or the woman with +1 damage on ranged weapons at blue level) simply because it will be MERCILESS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.