5 Posts

Elder Sign: Gates of Arkham» Forums » General

Subject: Wow - that was hard! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the diappointing initial experiences with Gates. Indeed, you're right when you say you need to manipulate the board in order to win.

UF won't change the difficulty of the core set, tho.

Possibly you could consider mixing Gates with base, so that you play with 3 museum cards (always faceup) and 3 Arkham cards (faceup during setup, then facedown). In this way you could mix the two experiences a bit and find a proper level of challenge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Sorry for the diappointing initial experiences with Gates. Indeed, you're right when you say you need to manipulate the board in order to win.

UF won't change the difficulty of the core set, tho.

Possibly you could consider mixing Gates with base, so that you play with 3 museum cards (always faceup) and 3 Arkham cards (faceup during setup, then facedown). In this way you could mix the two experiences a bit and find a proper level of challenge

I do remember that the Souvenir Shop in UF does take away spending 10 trophies for an Elder Sign, so it makes it harder in that regard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
lomdr wrote:
I do remember that the Souvenir Shop in UF does take away spending 10 trophies for an Elder Sign, so it makes it harder in that regard.

Yeah, but Blessings make the game a lot easier... honestly, I never bought ES at the shop in the core set, and I still won something like 95% of the games played

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
lomdr wrote:

Yeah, but Blessings make the game a lot easier... honestly, I never bought ES at the shop in the core set, and I still won something like 95% of the games played

Fair enough, just thought to bring that up since the OP did say that he cheeses the elder sign purchase system in the base game (with no offense intended towards him). Since I go for ease of set up and such, my museum is forever tainted with UF as well as the GOA (and future expansions) cards that make sense to have mix into the base game, as well as liking the 4 entrance module from UF enough to replace the original entrance with the UF ones. Which means that Blessing and Curses are permanently enabled in my game as well (it helps that they're pretty easy to teach as well)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.