Subject: Multiple Decor tokens on room cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jason gadd
United Kingdom
pontypridd
flag msg tools
mb
Can you have multiple decor tokens on a single room card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, you cannot even have multiple decor tokens on a single room (consisting of one or more cards, regardless).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn Petit
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Subsequently I have an additional question: can you add a decor token to a room that is already finished, for example a piano to a 3-card living room?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Petitje81 wrote:
Subsequently I have an additional question: can you add a decor token to a room that is already finished, for example a piano to a 3-card living room?

Yes, you may.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Mjeh wrote:
Petitje81 wrote:

Yes, you may.

I was pretty sure that that wasn't possible because as soon as the room reached is maximum size it's considered finished and you couldn't do anything more there...

So I went to check the rules before I replied and it seems you are correct, they say the room is considered finished and you can't expand it anymore, but they don't say you can't place a decor token...

The terminology is what threw me off, because considering the room to be finished, to me, is saying that you can't do anything else to it, be it making it bigger or adding decor pieces to it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This rule is actually very thematic - I usually use the piano as an example. Say you have a living room and you place a piano in it. It would not be a good idea to expand the room, as the workers would ruin the piano for sure.

Vice versa, there is a limit to the size of a room, but that has no logical bearing on whether you place decorations in it. In fact, it would be preferable.

And indeed, the rules might've been a little clearer on this point, expressly allowing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Mjeh wrote:
This rule is actually very thematic - I usually use the piano as an example. Say you have a living room and you place a piano in it. It would not be a good idea to expand the room, as the workers would ruin the piano for sure.

Vice versa, there is a limit to the size of a room, but that has no logical bearing on whether you place decorations in it. In fact, it would be preferable.

And indeed, the rules might've been a little clearer on this point, expressly allowing it.

yeah, the rules could be a little clearer on that point because they say the room is finished and because of that I assumed that since it's finished you can't add decor to it...

and I wasn't the only one to do that error, in the Man vs Meeple video review of the game they did the exact same error that I did
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.