Hide
12 Posts

The King's Armory» Forums » General

Subject: Exclusion Update? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom B
msg tools
Any updates on the expansion? Previews or date it's expected to come out? It would be cool to have this for Christmas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wrot!
United States
Alhanbra
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't. There's a lot of work to be done for this one. Basically remaking the first version as far as component count. : O
Def not by this Christmas, MAYBE by next. haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom B
msg tools
Sad to hear it! And sad to see I had a typo in my subject line (oops). Uh, you are joking about it might not being out by *next* Christmas, right?

And thanks for the quick response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wrot!
United States
Alhanbra
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It really should be. I commissioned the first of the art today. : )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John T
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KeeperoftheGate wrote:
It really should be. I commissioned the first of the art today. : )

Will there be an upgrade pack for the first edition owners?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wrot!
United States
Alhanbra
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
TBD. It depends entirely on how much we end up changing and then the financial viability of it vs. demand.
If it's insignificant (a little art) no, if it's an overhaul (all art) no; if it's some spot in the middle with some art and some stats and a couple dodads here and there, I will certainly look into the viability of costs.
I think it would be a great thing to offer if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John T
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KeeperoftheGate wrote:
TBD. It depends entirely on how much we end up changing and then the financial viability of it vs. demand.
If it's insignificant (a little art) no, if it's an overhaul (all art) no; if it's some spot in the middle with some art and some stats and a couple dodads here and there, I will certainly look into the viability of costs.
I think it would be a great thing to offer if possible.

As long as you have the original backers in your thoughts, that'll be awesome as I spent heaps of money on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wrot!
United States
Alhanbra
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually never forget you guys. You made my company. I owe you A LOT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wes harmon
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
First of all, great game. Our group loves to play it.

Secondly, will there be a campaign/story-mode/scenario in the upcoming big box expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wrot!
United States
Alhanbra
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be a fun option. I'll consider it. It would be a blast to create; finding the time for it in the schedule is the hard part.

Would make a cool "legacy" game too. ; ) ...but let's NOT do that to pretty map tiles. ; )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Leduc
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update about the expansion? Any rough estimate for the Kickstarter schedule?

Nicolas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wrot!
United States
Alhanbra
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
hexabit wrote:
Any update about the expansion? Any rough estimate for the Kickstarter schedule?

Things are moving slower than expected with the art and final design upgrades. I'm hoping to launch in in Q3, and that should be reasonable. Might need to hire an art director to keep things moving, but I do like designing the monsters myself. : )

You can join the GKG mailing list for the more regular updates (about bi-monthly, with one coming in the next 2 weeks).

http://gatekeepergaming.us9.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=e1f...

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.