Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Are non-game minis worth keeping around? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Nowak
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hey everyone! Been lurking on here for a while and responded to some posts here and there. I'm finally getting the game in a few days, but I've been collecting some expansions and non-game minis.

With that said, as my post title asks, are the non-game minis worth keeping around? I only have two, Wet Nurse and Forge God. While I think they look cool, I feel like I should sell them so I can get the rest of the expansions with that money or put it towards the new Kickstarter. I'm a bit torn on what to do. Any opinions would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Norman
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MystereGuy wrote:
Hey everyone! Been lurking on here for a while and responded to some posts here and there. I'm finally getting the game in a few days, but I've been collecting some expansions and non-game minis.

With that said, as my post title asks, are the non-game minis worth keeping around? I only have two, Wet Nurse and Forge God. While I think they look cool, I feel like I should sell them so I can get the rest of the expansions with that money or put it towards the new Kickstarter. I'm a bit torn on what to do. Any opinions would be appreciated.

IT really depends on your preferences. If you appreciate building/owning cool minis or want to paint then perhaps some (or all) of them are worth owning.

Myself, I was never a minis guy to begin with. I don't mind putting together the monsters because they're pretty cool, but I'd be fine with using pre-assembled minis from other games for the survivors.

If you're only concerned with gameplay, sell off the extras and focus on things that add variety to the game mechanically-speaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If i needed the money to get the rest of the expansions I'd sell. If not, I'd keep them. They are fantastic mini's but I would favor in game stuff before fluff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Nowak
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thank you for the replies. Yeah I'm still torn because again I love the way they look, yet neither go with the actual game.

So to help out, I'm selling them together on eBay for what I paid plus shipping. If they sell within the 30 days, then they do and I'll have the extra money for the expansions. If not, then I'll just keep them around and paint them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
msg tools
mbmbmb
From what I understand, all minis will eventually have rules released in expansion packs/just have cards made in re-releases. Considering how hugely vast the collection of minis are at the moment and how the Forge God and all of that side of KDM hasn't been touched yet you could be waiting a while.

Personally I'd keep in the chance they wouldn't go on sale again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not pinups

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They do not play in the game, so if that's your only concern, then sell them.

But they're awesome minis, brilliantly sculpted and well cast in hand poured resin.

So, are they worth keeping around? Well, I paint a lot of minis, and I definitely find that these ones are "worth keeping."

Of course, other people feel the same way, which is why the Ebay market for them is so healthy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.