Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We now have our first official purchaser who bought the retail version of the game because they were told that there was no difference between it and the KS version. Don't get me wrong. There's a lot of great stuff in the retail version, BUT there are differences. I am only listing those things that affect gameplay.

In Works, Future Retail Release
- Splinter hero pack
- Casey hero pack
- April hero pack
- 4 turtles ally cards (possibly spread out over multiple expansions)

In Works, Exclusive
- Mutated Bebop & Rocksteady (These are enhanced bruisers. While these characters will be at retail, the retail versions will play differently than these ones.)
- Ultimate Shredder (harder version with different sculpt)
- Kevin Eastman ally card
- Fugitoid ally card
- Rooftop/Studio tile
- Adventure Comic KS Battles (7 scenarios)

Some may call these differences superficial, but there is actual gameplay involved with these components. If you're looking to pick this up at retail (and you really should), please do it with all of the information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During the campaign, it was stated that the turtle ally cards would be exclusive. I thought it was weird and unlikely, but that was the message. Where did they redact that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris
Netherlands
Haarlem
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mutated Bebop & Rocksteady have (sort of) had a retail release. The character sheets and the 1st scenario were published in the comic "Bebop and Rocksteady destroy everything #4". The second scenario was supposed to be in #5, but that was misprinted. (Or maybe the character sheets were in #5, I'm not sure)
The scenarios are also available as pdf files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.