Popular Tags: [View All]
David Lindsay
United States
Palmetto
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi there.

I'm looking at both Panzer 2nd Ed. and GMT's MBT from a solo perspective. In your opinion, is one more solo friendly than the other; and if so, why? I've read up on both games but can't see any solo comparisons. I do like the looks of both, but can only afford one of them for now.

I listed Panzer first because it came out first.

All opinions valued. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
msg tools
badge
mbmb
The rulesets are extremely similar. There are a handful of small differences based on the technology available in MBT (1987) but not available in Panzer (WWII). So they are equally solo friendly to me. (I have both.)

I would not decide based on rule set, but instead decide based on the era you think would be more fun to play, and as a result the tech and nationalities you get to play.

If you cannot make up your mind, go for MBT, as there are fewer games covering that era.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Shafer
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Panzer is always simpler. Figure it is slightly easier to solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
It is the same game plus modern bits.[ATGM, updated air, arty]. Otherwise functionally identical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.