Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Čepelík
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I have question regarding replayability. Is the story for one walkthrough only (like Pandemic Legacy) or can I play it more times through without sacrificing what makes it interesting? (e.g. if there is any surprising moment that will ruin the experience when spoiled)

I have two groups I want to play this game with and I need to know if I will enjoy it both time the same or if I have to choose only one of these groups to play this game with.

Thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion, the story is not that interesting and serves more as a set of tutorials that introduce new types of cards into the deck. These new cards are what this expansion really is about. Without spoiling I can tell that once you finish the story, your deck will contain all the new cards and you will not want to ever take them out. From that point you can play with "all included" variant which uses various "chapter" cards to give you variable end game goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. This isn't a legacy style game since you are building the game instead of permanently altering the components.

It's really just an expansion with a novel way of slowly introducing you to the whole expansion. You have the option to skip the few sentences of story in this euro-type card game and just put all the expansion content in from the beginning. You can also take it all out again if you want.

Definitely not like Pandemic Legacy or, say, T.I.M.E Stories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still find the story interesting, and there are some surprises, but not in the same way that a Legacy game would surprise you.

I have played chapter 2 a dozen times now, so I know it well, but I'm still engaged with the puzzle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guro Bjerkan
Norway
FLAKTVEIT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarnCZ wrote:
Hello,

I have question regarding replayability. Is the story for one walkthrough only (like Pandemic Legacy) or can I play it more times through without sacrificing what makes it interesting? (e.g. if there is any surprising moment that will ruin the experience when spoiled)

I have two groups I want to play this game with and I need to know if I will enjoy it both time the same or if I have to choose only one of these groups to play this game with.

Thank you in advance.

It's a campaign, not a legacy game, so you can play through it chapter by chapter, which adds in cards and give you challenges, through to the end. But all the new cards are numbered, so you can easily take out and put back in cards, so if you want to play through the story with different groups - no problem. You could even go back and forth between groups as long as you take the necessary steps to remove/put back in the cards that are supposed to be or not supposed to be in the deck at any given chapter (basically just look at the back of the previous chapter cards to see which number cards are supposed to be in there). Just keep a note or something on which chapter you are with which group and there will be no problems whatsoever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.