6 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mission 7 Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Glambeck
msg tools
mbmb
Are the mechs initially holding the crystal or do you need to leave and re-enter the space to pick it up for the first time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Glambeck
msg tools
mbmb
Also can you carry more than one crystal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario T
msg tools
mbmbmb
You can only carry 1 crystal at any time. As long as a mech is on the same square with a crystal they pick it up.

Yes, you start this mission carrying the crystal, it says it on the dossier.

When you take damage you have to roll the rune die and drop the crystal in the adjacent square to that direction, in case is an invalid position and the crystal drops on the same square as you, you pick it up automatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you guys ever win this mission in normal mode?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Glambeck
msg tools
mbmb
Yes after the first failed attempt we won playing by having the crystals at start

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
whipko wrote:
Did you guys ever win this mission in normal mode?

Yes, in our third try. We were playing with two players (two mechs), and for the first two games, we set up on the map parts to the west and east respectively (because I thought that I had a clever plan). First game started with a surprisingly bad card draw that immediately made my plan impossible. We blamed our immediate defeat on bad luck and tried again. The second game had better cards but didn't last much longer, so we concluded that my clever plan maybe wasn't so clever, after all.

For our third try, we changed our starting positions and set both mechs up on the southern map tile. It was much easier to keep the minions under control that way, and only one of them managed to reach the assembly area before we arrived there. Once we were at that point, we left one mech to guard the assembly area, while the other one got the crystal from his side of the board. There were a couple of slightly risky situations when damage kept us from killing minions with full efficiency, but all in all it was quite possible to beat the mission, and the assembly area had four health points left in the end.

This reminds me that I wanted to post a session report about that game ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.