Subject: 2 player Multicolor puzzle 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ben small
Australia
flag msg tools
Ann has ab1de
Bob has ab1de

Ann clues Bob 1, then Bob clues Ann 1. Ann plays 1, Bob plays 1, Ann discards e.

Do you see any issues with any of these moves? Why?

Can any other useful information be assumed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
I would assume both Ann and Bob had one or more of a and b the same colour as their 1, otherwise colour would have been a more rational clue, so as to avoid the risk of both playing 1s of the same colour.

Whether or not it's OK for Ann to discard depends on the playing style in use. If I were Bob and Ann's e was a safe discard, I'd probably play my 1, wait for the discard and then clue Ann if her 1 wasn't a duplicate. It would be reasonable, therefore, to say that Bob cluing Ann to her 1 implied an unsafe discard, but I certainly wouldn't take it for granted Ann would read the clue that way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Williams
United Kingdom
Penkridge
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As clive has pointed out it is risky for Bob to clue before he plays as he does not know the colour of his 1.

I would see the order of events going as follows:

Ann clues Bob 1, Bob plays 1, Ann Discards (or gives a second clue), Bob clues Ann 1, Ann plays 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If Bob plays well, Ann should suppose she has a special chop card. Otherwise, Bob would have let Ann trash her chop before he clued the 1.

In that case, either Bob should clue chop after Ann has played her 1 (confirming this theory), either cluing 1 was a mistake.

EDIT: oh, it’s multicolor. So it may be that Ann has the following hand:

x b2 y1 m3 y3

After she plays y1, Bob can’t save y3 without saving m3 and getting the 2 chopped. So Ann may want to save chop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben small
Australia
flag msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Good logic beri and clive. The only good reason for the 2nd '1' clue is because the chop card is important, so that should be saved, and it should never require a further clue to be saved. Any other clue that includes this chop card should be seen to be given for a different reason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
unkown unkown
France
flag msg tools
Hi, in a perfect world I think chop should be saved with no further clue, moreover 2 cases:

-if the 1 Ann plays is 1m then no further assumptions are logic because Bob can't clue 1m with color (even if left cards allow it) risking to use the same color of the 1 he has

-if the 1 Ann plays is a single colored one then she can safely assume that at least one of {a,b} is multi or has the same color as the 1 played

NB: Bob can also assume stuff about his cards because in my opinion clueing a single 1 as a 1st move is not really a good idea if bob's hand isn't complicated.

till next time for puzzle 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.