Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking of buying a character pack that has a necromancer in it. Which necromancer from the character packs is your favourite?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Uhlir
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
designer
To be honest, I am quite happy with the standard Necromancer. An extra activation for all other Necromancers seams to be the most interesting ability from them all.

But it's nice to mix them with some more specialized Necros once a while.
I would choose Ostokar. (Unfortunately I don't like the figure that much.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Handrejk
Germany
Scheeßel
Deutschland
flag msg tools
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!” ― Benjamin Franklin
mbmbmbmbmb
I think, Evil Troy could be a good Choise for you. ( You can find him on ebay and or at conventions very often. If you want to buy a Expansion i would choose To-Me Ku-Pa Carl Critchlow artist box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uhlik wrote:
To be honest, I am quite happy with the standard Necromancer. An extra activation for all other Necromancers seams to be the most interesting ability from them all.

True I am quite happy with the original necromancer. I am just worried now that I have some expansions the necromancer cards will come out too infrequently. I find they are an interesting opponent so I'd mainly like to seed my deck with more necromancer cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars petersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
I like Queen Medea. Can't kill her if she is in a zone with other zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Uhlir
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
designer
bholmes4 wrote:
uhlik wrote:

True I am quite happy with the original necromancer. I am just worried now that I have some expansions the necromancer cards will come out too infrequently. I find they are an interesting opponent so I'd mainly like to seed my deck with more necromancer cards.

I often play with only a few expansions not to dilute the spawn deck to much.

I try to give the deck some "theme" every time. So sometimes I add a special Abomiation and I play all the standard Abominations as the special one. Other time I add only wolves and sometimes I focus only on Necromancers (standard + 1-2 special, about 10 cards together). Sometimes I even remove some of the basic cards (for a bigger focus on fatties or runners for example).

I donť really like NPC, because they mostly just delute the deck and they don't bring anythink special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Uhlir
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
designer
Sometimes I come up with my own Necromancers.
At the moment I would like to try this one:

"Don't know the name yet"
Treat the cards drawn for his Spawn Zone as one level (color) higher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
boyerdk wrote:
I like Queen Medea. Can't kill her if she is in a zone with other zombies.

^ I agree with Queen Medea being my favourite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
uhlik wrote:

But it's nice to mix them with some more specialized Necros once a while.
I would choose Ostokar. (Unfortunately I don't like the figure that much.)

I would pick Ostokar too, but because his figure is easily the coolest of the necromancers! I love the dead hands on chains floating next to him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite Necromancer is a dead necromancer, but if we have to pick one "living" I'd have to go with Ostokar - just because of the mini. Very cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Evil Ash *ahem* Troy. He's such a pain to deal with its great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Ostokar's power but I don't think I can handle the card art for that character pack. It doesn't match at all with the core game and looks completely out of place.

I think Evil Troy and Queen Medea sound like fun additions but I am not sure I want to pay ebay prices when I can buy guest packs and get some extra heroes for less money.

Right now I am leaning towards either The Blackheart or To-Me Ku-Pa packs (maybe both) but Evil Troy is so tempting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
uhlik wrote:

I like that mechanic.

In lore terms: "...this particular miscreant is notorious for drawing the most powerful of the undead minions in the area. Because of this, while the actual name of this necromancer is unknown, they are often referred to simply as The Herald..."

Or that's what has been whispered in pubs and dark alleys throughout the realm anyway...*Chuckle*...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Uhlir
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
designer
QorDaq wrote:
uhlik wrote:

I like that mechanic.

In lore terms: "...this particular miscreant is notorious for drawing the most powerful of the undead minions in the area. Because of this, while the actual name of this necromancer is unknown, they are often referred to simply as The Herald..."

Or that's what has been whispered in pubs and dark alleys throughout the realm anyway...*Chuckle*...

How strong could be The Herald compared to the other Necromancers?

I would say he could be the strongest among them. But it really depends on the mix of cards in the Spawn deck and on the draws (there are quite a lot of cards where the level doesn't matter - Necromancers, Abominations, Double Spawns...). It also depends if his effect should be applied after his Spawn Zone becomes permanent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
uhlik wrote:
How strong could be The Herald compared to the other Necromancers?

I would say he could be the strongest among them. But it really depends on the mix of cards in the Spawn deck and on the draws (there are quite a lot of cards where the level doesn't matter - Necromancers, Abominations, Double Spawns...). It also depends if his effect should be applied after his Spawn Zone becomes permanent.

I'd probably say, for the sake of minimizing tracking spawn zones for extended periods of time, I'd be inclined to only have the special effect apply while The Herald's Spawn Token is active (while they are on the board). If it should become permanent, since this means the Necromancer has left the area, then it becomes a normal spawn point.

Though I imagine that testing both would be worth while.

I hate to keep derailing this topic though, so perhaps this discussion deserves its own thread? Because it's a good idea for sure(The Herald, or whatever they may end up being called).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Urbanek
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
QorDaq wrote:
uhlik wrote:

I like that mechanic.

huh....Harold is a strange name for a necromancer, but I think it works...than again, that might just be residual fear from Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.