3 Posts

Catan Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Robber Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jawn Gee
msg tools
Need input on this one.

We play settlers of catan fairly religiously at work, but have come to a gray point in the rules.

One particular player gets pissy if he can't shuffle his cards before he gets robbed. I contend that he doesn't have that choice and that, according to the rules, nothing states that he can do such a thing. In fact, the language to me, suggests that he can't. I quote:

Quote:

The player who is robbed holds his Resource Card hand face-down. You then take 1 at random.

Granted it says nothing about what you can do before you place your hand down, but my interpretation suggests that you must simply lay your hand down and allow the robbing player to select 1 card at random.

Any input on this?

Thanks,

Jawn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jawn Gee
msg tools
Sorry posted in wrong Catan forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am of the same mind as your player ... I want to randomize my hand before you select a card supposedly "at random". The principle here is 'random'. If I did not randomize my cards, then, if you were also watching where I placed resource cards in my hand, then I am sure you would use that information NOT to choose one at random - hence to enforce the random element I would reserve the right to shuffle the hand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls