Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Patterson
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does anyone have any idea what fantasy flight is going to do for wave 9? I was thinking adding characters such as Lobot and Bib Fortuna would be interesting, especially with the expansions. And I have no idea what to expect from the Imperial faction. But only time can tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am surprised we have not seen an Ewok pack yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wyndam22 wrote:
I am surprised we have not seen an Ewok pack yet.

They are clearly following the chronology of the movies; Ewoks should be soon. The only reason I'm hesitant to say they are next is that Endor seems better suited for a big box expansion, so they may try to sneak in another small box in the interim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Law
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still one bounty hunter left to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ddlaw11 wrote:
Still one bounty hunter left to do.

Two bounty hunters, though they usually come as a pair: 4LOM and Zuckuss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Brinkler
Denmark
Odense S
Other
flag msg tools
I'm counting two. If we go from the scene in TESB. 4-LOM and Zuckuss. In theory also Bousssh but he wasn't in that scene.
Rang, beat at the finish line
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Bohde
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jindianajonz wrote:
The only reason I'm hesitant to say they are next is that Endor seems better suited for a big box expansion, so they may try to sneak in another small box in the interim.

Speculation is that since there was enough jungle tiles in the core box, that Endor will just be a small box expansion. Since FFG likes to go small->big->small with their IA expansions, if Endor is next, it makes even more sense to be likely a small box. If they saved Endor for a big box, what scenes from ROTJ would they use for a small box expansion? Only thing that would make any sense at all would be if an Endor big box was completely made of forest and bunker tiles, and a small box with tiles depicting onboard the Death Star II itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Q
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yoda and Emperor for sure.

Ewoks could be a group in the small/big box. Maybe even a group of 4 figures since I imagine they'd be quite weak.

Imperial scout troopers makes sense.

With the rangers coming out in Jabba's Realm it's almost 100% that the next expansion will be Endor...at least in my mind anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speeder bikes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Specifically thinking about the Imperials, Agent Kallus seems like a natural choice for FFG, given their love for Rebels. I'm sure we'll see the Emperor as well, although I'd rather not. (It seems pretty weird thematically for the Emperor to be running around dealing with nobodies like the player characters.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Furcas
Italy
Serramanna
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
Speeder bikes!

Came here to say the exact same
Probably gonna be the "big figure" of and Endor expansion?
Oval base E-Web-like.

But the OP asked about the Wave 9, so what will come out to complement Jabba's Realm before the next big box expansion
Wave 7 wasn't at all connected to Bespin, we could even see characters like Darth Maul (with the robot legs from Rebels), Kanan and 4-LOM/Zuckuss/Boushh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Freiburger
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jawas! How have we still not gotten Jawas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeppe Nybo
Netherlands
Haarlem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
legobaldguy206 wrote:
I was thinking adding characters such as Lobot and Bib Fortuna would be interesting, especially with the expansions.

Lobot already had a cameo in Bespin and I would be surprised if Bib doesn't have one in Jabba's Realm.

I would have loved to see them as full-fledged characters, but with the cameo(s), and their natural place in the two expansion where they belong storywise already have been surpassed, I'm not expecting that to happen anytime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Patterson
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
Speeder bikes!

While those would be cool (and I was talking about Wave 9 as somebody said) It doesn't really work. You see speeder bikes aren't the vehicles to stop and shoot, they just zoom by blasting then turning around, not moving ten meters and stopping to shoot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
I guess it depends.

If Wave 9 turns out the be the smallbox wave, we'll probably get 1 Hero and 1 Unit type for each campaign side. So, assuming it's Endor/DSII, I'd say we'll get:

Han or Chewie variant OR Ackbar
Ewoks
Palpatine
Speeder Bike

If Wave 9 is a random hero collection like the recent wave with GI/Greedo/Obi Wan, I'd predict one last hurrah for the Expanded universe before heading into new canon with Rebels/Rogue One/New Trilogy.
Dash Rendar
Mara Jade (apprentice)
Xixior

If Wave 9 is a random figure pack (like Wave 3)- well, that might be most difficult to predict. Probably some really out there stuff, though. Here are just some random guesses.
Bothan Infiltrators
Jawas
TIE Pilots

Alternatively, it might be neat to see a more vehicle centered release, since we don't have a ton of vehicles yet:
Rebels: AAC-1 Speeder
Imperials: stationary defensive turret
Mercs: Skiff (capable of "carrying" a few small units that are on it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rico P
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd lean towards Wave 9 to be Endor with fixes for some of those overcosted Wave 1 figures, something like

Han Solo - Death star infiltrator
Chewbacca - AT-ST driver
Darth Vader - Imperial enforcer
and probably a variant of RGC or iggy

=> 2 ally 2 villain packs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Montgomery
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's sad that one of the great heroes of the Rebellion hasn't been mentioned yet. Give us Nien Nunb!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some less obvious ones: how about...?
- Hondo Onaka as a Leader unit for Weequay Pirates from Jabba's Realm (and he does appear in Rebels)
- Maul as a Force-User Scum
Spoiler (click to reveal)
since he's still alive and kicking in Rebels and isn't a Sith any more than Ahsoka was still a Jedi

- Mandalorian Deathwatch troopers
- Snow speeders for Hoth? Need something to take on that SC42!
- Jawas, for cryin' out loud! With their Droid stunning guns, way cooler than Ugnaughts, don't ya think?
- Some of the black-uniformed and helmeted guard troopers from the prison block of the Death Start in Episode IV; they also show up in the shield generator bunker in Episode VI; you'd want them to be cheaper blaster-fodder than storm troopers
- We got Snowtoopers in Hoth, what about Sandtroopers? (Or is that who the Heavies are supposed to be?)
- General Veers, perhaps
- And maybe some of the Scum from the Mos Eisley Cantina in Episode IV?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Corley

Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FeyrBert wrote:
...Darth Maul (with the robot legs from Rebels)...

I would vote for the Darth Maul but from Phantom Menace and, definitely, any of these:

bill_andel wrote:

- Jawas, for cryin' out loud! With their Droid stunning guns, way cooler than Ugnaughts, don't ya think?
- We got Snowtoopers in Hoth, what about Sandtroopers? (Or is that who the Heavies are supposed to be?)
- General Veers, perhaps
- And maybe some of the Scum from the Mos Eisley Cantina in Episode IV?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.