Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/115840/pacg-meet-iconi...

I've updated the document to include Estra, Mavaro, and Yoon.

Drelm's details online are sparse, but he does have a Community Use image, so I could create an entry if I knew more about him. Drelm is one of the characters in the Pathfinder Tales novels "Plague of Shadows" and "Stalking the Beast" - hopefully Bonebat VII will be handing one of those two books out. I know that Drelm is honorable to a fault, good-aligned, and would like to marry a human woman; but he's experiencing prejudice from the community. His choice of Abadar - god of civilization, invention, and trade - is at odds with an orc's typically chaotic and savage nature.

Chianna Ti has a reasonable amount of detail online, but no Community Use image. Apparently, her story is described in one of the Paizo's APs (they put short novellas in each AP spread over the 6 modules.)

I don't know anything about the other two characters Simoun and Ahmotep.

I'll happily write something up if I could get more details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I broke down and asked a question on Paizo's messageboards. Here's the answer.

As far as backstory for the MM non-iconics:

• Drelm was created by Howard Andrew Jones for the Pathfinder Tales novel Plague of Shadows. The art for Drelm originally appeared in this blog previewing that book.

• Channa Ti was created by Elaine Cunningham for the Dark Tapestry fiction originally serialized in the Legacy of Fire Adventure Path. Elaine wrote a blog about creating her; her art was newly commissioned for MM.

• Simoun and Ahmotep were created by Lone Shark specifically for Mummy's Mask. What's written on the backs of their token cards is officially all the backstory there is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paizo uses the term "iconic" for heroes that represent the primary class archetype for fighters, clerics, wizards, etc. Mummy's Mask broke with tradition and included characters that weren't classified as "iconic", meaning it's unlikely they'll get blog posts from Paizo's writers.

I changed the document title to "Meet the Heroes", and wrote my own stories for Ahmotep, Simoun, and Tup. Version 1.5 is submitted for admin approval.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Austin
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the work on this. Will you be doing the Adventure Path story for MM down the road?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Draft version 1 was submitted for admin approval today. Byron "Kittenhoarder" Campbell is taking a new approach with this guide that I suspect will please role-players and people who didn't like the short-story format with talking characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.