Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not as tall as advertised, though at this point in his legend, I expected an ent.

Also met Verkisto. No height advertisement to compare him to. Damn decent fellow though.

Weirdest thing about BGG is calling Chit Chatters by their real names. Just doesn't sound right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
I picture him as a white James Brown, with an entourage of people; one of them trying to put a cape on him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
I picture him as a white James Brown, with an entourage of people; one of them trying to put a cape on him.

Thouh he did have an entourage. Or at least, he was sitting at a table with other people. That counts, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:

Thouh he did have an entourage. Or at least, he was sitting at a table with other people. That counts, right?

I dunno. I am suspect of this whole encounter. First answer this...Was Rusty winning or losing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb

Disappointed. No one write "Ent-ourage"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
erak wrote:

I dunno. I am suspect of this whole encounter. First answer this...Was Rusty winning or losing?

He was eating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Not as tall as advertised, though at this point in his legend, I expected an ent.

Whereas Erik is exactly as advertised despite Octavian being understandably dubious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re: Finally met kuhrusty sans bananas & pajamas
With 'liberal slathering' as "greasing the palms" then HE might have JUST: "falling for the "'Banana'-GUY, Buddy" in the camel-tailpipe'!" caravan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Lola Cat 2010-2014
mbmbmbmbmb
Jealous
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't buy it. You didn't mention anything about going to jail, running something over with a car, or barbecuing roadkill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a dream I met Kuhrusty once. My toilet was overflowing and flooding my house. He put up a sign on my bathroom door that said "This is not a Bathroom". He then told me he put up the sign on the door, because it was a door not a bathroom so the sign was right and it was not some French Impressionist garbage.

Then, in the dream, a box came. It was from Kurusty and it had my boardgame geek name traced on it in some red substance. Inside was scuba gear with a note to use if the water got too high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Turn the figurehead into the wind, lash the crew to the masts, and God be with us.
badge
Fun Fact: Known to sniff glitter-glue out of a Muse's thong.
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:

No kidding, right?

(I'm only 5'6".)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:
erak wrote:

No kidding, right?

(I'm only 5'6".)

I appreciate the "bigfoot" blurriness of that photo, only adding to the legend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Failing upwards... ever faster!
United States
Saint Ann
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
erak wrote:

He was eating.

Was it a microwave burrito?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Not as tall as advertised

Note: you have to take this with a grain of salt, since Erik is also a towering skyscraper of a man. The one time I met Rusty I can't remember if I actually stood on a chair to talk to him or I only just thought about standing on a chair to talk to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gola wrote:
erak wrote:

Note: you have to take this with a grain of salt, since Erik is also a towering skyscraper of a man. The one time I met Rusty I can't remember if I actually stood on a chair to talk to him or I only just thought about standing on a chair to talk to him.

Then again, regarding Gola, well, he be wee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Pushing a lesbian old growth union-approved agenda since '94.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gola wrote:
erak wrote:

True story: when drinking beer in the kitchen, I saw Rusty put his beer on top of the highest kitchen cabinet, where normally one only finds dust and old cookbooks. It was more convenient for him than the kitchen bench way down towards sea level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
Gola wrote:
erak wrote:

True story: when drinking beer in the kitchen, I saw Rusty put his beer on top of the highest kitchen cabinet, where normally one only finds dust and old cookbooks. It was more convenient for him than the kitchen bench way down towards sea level.

True story: When Rusty came to visit he came out of our shower all excited because we had an "awesome bidet!". We politely asked him to stop using our shower head for that purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Gola wrote:
erak wrote:

Oh please, I'm 5'8"! That's almost practically average!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gola wrote:
erak wrote:
Gola wrote:
erak wrote:

You tell him brother! Someone has to stand up for the oppressed almost practically everywhere!

Poor Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I met Rusty today.

I'm 6'2". I'm not used to looking UP to speak to somebody!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
Years ago a bloke joined my judo club because he "wanted to get tough". We must have been a bitter disappointment in that respect, but he hung around anyway. He was 7' tall. One night after training we had a very well lubricated barbecue, and Tam told us the story of his previous attempt to "get tough": he joined a boxing gym. It turned out though, that he was unable to spar because his opponents couldn't help but punch him in the groin...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gola wrote:
erak wrote:
Gola wrote:
erak wrote:

C- height, really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've met Rusty before, but I didn't run into him this year at BGG.Con. I did run into Erik, a fellow Team Geek member, though. Like Rusty, he was tall and affable. Nice chap. A- height.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leemc13 wrote:
I did run into Erik, a fellow Team Geek member, though. Like Rusty, he was tall and affable. Nice chap. A- height.

Ehhh. B+, maybe.

Paleo is doing wonders for his formerly girly-manish figure though:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.