Prague: The Empty Triumph» Forums » Rules

Subject: Command Leader OOC but stacked with Wing Leader rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ming-Che Ho
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For simpler situations, I am ok with the OOC restrictions 7.6c & 7.6d.

When playing scenario 4, because there are so many units, I have to stack some units with Wing Leaders to make them in command and this becomes more complicated.

Command Nr belongs to Wing Leader Z. Nr Command Leader can't trace the LOC to Frederick and he fails the rolling for Initiative so Nr is affected by 7.6c. However, a unit of Nr is stacked with Wing Leader Z. If it is out of the command range of Nr Command Leader, it is in command and not affected by 7.6c & 7.6d. Is this still correct when it is in the command range of Nr Command Leader?

BAR is really awesome. My friend and I play every 2 or 3 days, ~2 hours every time, and can't stop it. More friends in my group are getting interested and plan to learn it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If it is out of the command range of Nr Command Leader, it is in command and not affected by 7.6c & 7.6d. Is this still correct when it is in the command range of Nr Command Leader?

Good question. If it is in the Command Range of its immediate leader (Nr), then the unit by definition does not need (and does not get) In Command status by being stacked with its Wing Leader (note in 7.5a the stipulation that the unit is not capable of tracing an LOC to its Command Leader). Therefore, the unit does suffer the penalties of 7.6c as its Command Leader is Out of Command.

This would have had a different answer in the previous edition of the rules, and I'm tempted to say that it's a game situation where many players might not remember the details of the command rules.

Quote:
BAR is really awesome. My friend and I play every 2 or 3 days, ~2 hours every time, and can't stop it. More friends in my group are getting interested and plan to learn it.

That's great to hear! I'm glad you've discovered the system and are enjoying the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ming-Che Ho
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much, Paul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.