Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Yearsley
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you commit a unique to a skill test while you have the unique in your play area? It's clear that you cannot put a unique card "into play" while a card of the same name is in play. However, I cannot find whether committing a card to a skill test is considered putting it in play, since it doesn't seem to enter your threat/play area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Committing a card to a skill check is definitely not considered to be putting that card into play. It's rather the absence of anything in the rulebook that would say it IS, that is important here. So yes, you can definitely commin an unique card to a skill check.

Also, this:
Quote:
- Skill cards are not "played." These cards are committed to a skill test from a player's hand in order to use their abilities.

It refers to skill cards, but the general principle applies to all committed cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Hocks
Netherlands
Simpelveld
Limburg
flag msg tools
Putting a Card in PLAY means you put it in your play area. So committing it to a skill test doesnt put it in play. And I think the rules literally State that you cant Have 2 same unique Cards in PLAY (dont Have the rules here so might be Wrong). But at least that is how I play it.

EDIT: yeh what the dude above said!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anson Ng
msg tools
i have a slightly different question, can you commit agility when testing strength? this is if i wanted to use the "draw" when i succeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
redsunzire wrote:
i have a slightly different question, can you commit agility when testing strength? this is if i wanted to use the "draw" when i succeed.

Skill Test Timing
- Cards that lack an appropriate skill icon may not be committed to a skill test.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Petersen
United States
Stanwood
WA
flag msg tools
BUT, "Cards that lack an appropriate skill icon may not be committed to a skill test." only refers to cards that add +1 or +2 because of the icon, not skill cards that you just want to commit for the +1 extra card or things like that.

Example: I"m in the Mythos phase and have to do an agility test. Can I use GUTS...not for the ICON to add +1 which I could not do anyhow because it's not an agility Icon but just commit the card for the payoff If I win the skill test???

Likewise, If I commit a card that DOES have an icon for agility but I do NOT want to use icon for +1 and therefore have to discard it...but I DO want to commit it because the test tells me if I pass the test, I get a free card???

Confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
Cards that you commit to a skill test MUST have an appropriate icon. Any card that is committed must use ALL appropriate icons. Wild is always appropriate.

Quote:
ST.2 Commit cards from hand to skill test.
The investigator performing the skill test may
commit any number of cards with an appropriate
skill icon from his or her hand to this test.

Each other investigator at the same location as the
investigator performing the skill test may commit one
card with an appropriate skill icon to this test.

An appropriate skill icon is either one that matches the skill
being tested, or a wild icon.
The investigator performing
this test gets +1 to his or her skill value during this test for
each appropriate skill icon
that is committed to this test.

Cards that lack an appropriate skill icon may not be committed to
a skill test.
Do not pay a card’s resource cost when committing it.

RR, p26, Skill Test Timing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.