Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a damage card that force me to move two spaces. While executing my Program, I hit the card and go to resolve it. The first step of movement puts me onto a Repair Pad and I choose to repair the damage that was making me move.

Do I still have to move the rest of the movement the damage I no longer had would move me?

Do I resolve the stack revealed by removing the damage (as I am still on that slot)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elac yenwod
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I don't have any rules in front of me, I'm just basing this on experience with the game so far.

I would assume you have to resolve the damage card entirely, like the other program cards. If you need to move 2 spaces you move the full 2 spaces. Then resolve the removing of the damage card.

You also wouldn't resolve the slot again during the same run of the program. For example, if the damage card is slotted in slot 4, once it's complete, you repair and move to the next slot, slot 5. You wouldn't rerun slot 4 again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The issue is that you definitely repair before moving the second space. Does removing the card stop you from being able to resolve it? There is no rule about it, so we're probably going to need to wait for dev input to know for sure.

And yeah, I wouldn't resolve the slot either, regardless of the answer to the first question. But I found it worth asking anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
I would say you move the second space anyway. Think of it this way, the card effect (moving two spaces) happens so that is already "programmed" no matter what else happens during that move. So the damage will be repaired and won't come into play the next turn but the action of moving 2 spaces is already in play so that continues no matter what.

Maybe think about it like the oil slick. If you are moving two spaces and the first move puts you onto the oil slick, you move the length of the oil slick and then move your second space. So the move action is already happening no matter what happens during said move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tiras
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
This is a solid way to describe it!

Only lava (edit) and spikes stop a command that's mid execution. Once the move/shot/turn is initiated it's going to complete, even if it is repaired mid-execution (although I can't think of any scenarios where a turn or shot would result in a repair happening off hand!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prashant Saraswat
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The only instance I could see this happening is if, say you have a damage card that moves you two spaces and on your first step you walk over a repair pad. You'd still end up executing the rest of the card (the second step), even if you repaired it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
catzpaw wrote:
The only instance I could see this happening is if, say you have a damage card that moves you two spaces and on your first step you walk over a repair pad. You'd still end up executing the rest of the card (the second step), even if you repaired it.

Yeah, that was the example I was asking about. Thanks for the official responses, Nathan and Prashant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tiras
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Good question!

Glad we can just answer questions directly for folks who have them!

Behold the wonders of modern technology
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.