3 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Playtested by Cycle? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jules
msg tools
mb
I've read in a couple of places that when the creators decide on the cards for the cycle, they playtest the scenarios with all of the cards and then arbitrarily split them into different APs.

1) Is this true? If so, a verified reference for this?

2) Does it include the big box expansion?

I'm wondering because I've been playing progression style and am wondering if I can maybe extend to the whole cycle to have better deck building abilities for Heirs of Numenor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arianese wrote:
I've read in a couple of places that when the creators decide on the cards for the cycle, they playtest the scenarios with all of the cards and then arbitrarily split them into different APs.

1) Is this true? If so, a verified reference for this?

2) Does it include the big box expansion?

I'm wondering because I've been playing progression style and am wondering if I can maybe extend to the whole cycle to have better deck building abilities for Heirs of Numenor.
yes, it's true, though i don't know of a link to verify it specifically. i know they do this for all of their LCGs

i would imagine it includes the Big Box expansions since many of those encounter sets are carried over, but it doesn't necessarily mean that.

i think there's room for both (progression style with the cards as they come out and then replay the cycle with all of the cards available). gives you more reason to replay things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bull Gator
msg tools

I don't have a published reference but I was told that by a nameless person who was playtesting a nameless cycle for a nameless game by a nameless company a long nameless time ago. I assume it is still correct.

It's totally up to you how to play your progression series. I know people who do it either way and enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.