Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Microbadges can be enabled as linking to URLs. If the Geek of the Week microbadge had this feature, the Geeks of the Weeks could link their own threads to their microbadges.

Even better if someone went and filled in the backlog. (There's only about 90 of them so far ) and there's even a geeklist with the history of the threads.

Or, the default could be a link to that geeklist and interested persons could fix up their own GW microbadge to point to their own thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I asked the GotWs whether they wanted this. There were more votes against it than in favour of the change. See. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/155853

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that the polled majority didn't want it, doesn't the GeekList or the Wiki entry serve the same purpose?

I suppose it depends if you want to fast track to an invidivual's GOTW thread or just to browse GOTW threads per se. Personally my general usage would fall into the latter camp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair 'nuf.

I was just noticing that some GotWs put their thread links in their profile pages anyway and was thinking it might be an idea.

(I'd still like a general resolution of microbadges that do double-time.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls