Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Wacker
United States
Lake Forest Park
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say there is a monster with the ability "Kill the Baker". If the baker is not one of the five revealed town cards, but is in the deck or discard pile for the town, will this monster hunt? Or, will the baker simply be located and and killed (i.e., taken out of the deck/discard and put at the bottom of the traveller deck)?

I've always played the former, but after rereading the rules today, I wondered if I had been playing it wrong.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is always

KILL X

If X is not in town, do the hunt routine

So, in your example the baker would be pretty save in the discard pile as long as there is a remaining draw pile.

Also, remember a guard IN town will toss himself between the monster and the newly found victim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
dwacker wrote:
Let's say there is a monster with the ability "Kill the Baker". If the baker is not one of the five revealed town cards, but is in the deck or discard pile for the town, will this monster hunt? Or, will the baker simply be located and and killed (i.e., taken out of the deck/discard and put at the bottom of the traveller deck)?

I've always played the former, but after rereading the rules today, I wondered if I had been playing it wrong.

Thanks!

You've been playing correctly. Their kill-by-name is more of a preference than a mission statement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Wacker
United States
Lake Forest Park
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karishi wrote:
Their kill-by-name is more of a preference than a mission statement.

That made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the quick and clear reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.