$20.00
Apia
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has the release been pushed back on this again?

There is a forum post here which says
Quote:
Demaegd also explained what's happening with the Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective line, which was rebooted by Ystari Games in 2011 and is now moving to Space Cowboys, with the partly new, partly reprint Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: Jack the Ripper & West End Adventures arriving at stores in Q1 2017, followed by a revamped SHCD in Q2 2017, and a collection of the individual expansions released by Ystari coming at a yet-to-be-determined date.

However, way down in the comments section on the Ystari page dated Nov 3rd, a comment says this will be released this month.

Which is correct, does anybody know?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure that Q1 is correct but you never know I guess. I saw it in an Essen video. I guess november 3rd is more recen though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is releasing in France before Christmas (might already be out), but next year for everywhere else. But this is the board game business which must be the worst business in all of entertainment, so when they say Q1 it is just as likely to be closer to Q1 2018 as Q1 2017. Could be worse, could be waiting for the new edition of Robinson Crusoe, with that game I think they strapped all the boxes to the back of sloths and gave them nothing more than a compass and £1 travel money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been out in france for some time as far as I know

http://www.philibertnet.com/fr/space-cowboys/43925-sherlock-...

I think books and movies also do get delayed a fair bit, but you are right, release times are often quite fragile in board games.

I am, however, willing to bet 1 copy of this game on that the release date is closer to Q1 2017 than Q1 2018
(btw, I got my copy of the new Robinson Crusoe at Essen spiel and I am highyl enjoying it sorry! I could not resist the temptation of writing it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:

I think books and movies also do get delayed a fair bit, but you are right, release times are often quite fragile in board games.

I am, however, willing to bet 1 copy of this game on that the release date is closer to Q1 2017 than Q1 2018
(btw, I got my copy of the new Robinson Crusoe at Essen spiel and I am highyl enjoying it sorry! I could not resist the temptation of writing it)

Yeah, yeah. I heard that the sloths tasked with taking them to Spiel were flown private jet to Germany then chauffeur driven to the event. My sloth is currently somewhere in the Amazon drinking cocunut juice under a tree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
Muemmelmann wrote:

Yeah, yeah. I heard that the sloths tasked with taking them to Spiel were flown private jet to Germany then chauffeur driven to the event. My sloth is currently somewhere in the Amazon drinking cocunut juice under a tree.

What, just because they're sloths they can't be fast?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hayes
United States
Carrollton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they haven't seen Zootopia?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Franquin
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Muemmelmann wrote:
I am pretty sure that Q1 is correct but you never know I guess. I saw it in an Essen video. I guess november 3rd is more recen though.

The comment on the Ystari website talks about a UK release. Considering that Ystari = Space Cowboys and that TIME Stories expansions usually arrive in the US two months after the release in the UK (because reasons...), Q1 for the US is definitely a possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apia
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems the release is indeed in Q1 2017. The Ystari website mentions it now too.

There goes one easy christmas present...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.