The Ark of the Covenant» Forums » Variants

Subject: Anti-Theft rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Gage
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Based on a coversation in the strategy thread, I'm wondering if you couldn't play this, or any other Carc variation without stealing. In other words, make it illegal to connect fields, roads, cities, etc. to oust other players.

The random tile element would obviously be a major point factor, but would strategy be increased because of it? Also, tile position would be key, as certain tiles couldn't be played off of others. I'll try it with my family and see how it works out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You could try it and see...

However, I think the clever play of "stealing" is a heavy part of this game. And in reality, it's not "stealing" if you only "share." As long as each feature has an even amount of different color meeples, everyone scores those points.

What you might find if you play this way is that your options become very limited; you may get to the point that no one can finish a feature because the only way to do so would be to connect to someone elses. This would actually become a more vicious tactic in that a 3rd party could pruposely extend two player's features so that this condition exists and instead of getting full points shared between them, they would get the unscored points and only for their portion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls