Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Shadows over Camelot» Forums » General

Subject: Over 10 years and no plan of reprint or 2nd edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chan Yung
msg tools
Although the components are already very good, I wonder if there would be any chance of the release of a reprint version.
I recently played this game once and would like to buy a copy. I am not sure if I should wait for it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mills
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it's still 'in print' and widely available. No reason to wait.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Ortiz
Spain
Santander
Cantabria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Its quite easy to find and its a very clean game, with great art, I don't think we will see a second edition. Maybe a retheme, that I can see happening... but Days of Wonder don't do that anyways.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no need for 2nd Edition of all games. Yes this is an older game, but it is still great today
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No reason to fix what isn't broke.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
Scotland
cardenden
fife
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot find a retail copy in the UK under £80 so don't think it's so widely avaliable - certainly not retail. Couple of copies on BGG at the £50 mark. Not the cheapest board game around.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniele Silvi
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is definitely out of print and out of stock in all distributors in Italy, for example.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Germany
flag msg tools
Ahoy landlubber!
badge
ARRR!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
leles wrote:
It is definitely out of print and out of stock in all distributors in Italy, for example.


I see that it isn't 'widely available' here in Germany either. There are some used ones at eBay, but the new ones are over 100€ in most stores. A clear sign that it is out of print.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dee
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
It has just come back in stock in the UK.

https://boardgameprices.co.uk/item/show/977/shadows-over-cam...

I bought my copy from 365games and it arrived yesterday!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L S
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alderdust wrote:
No reason to fix what isn't broke.
Isn't it, though? I mean, I love SOC as much as the next guy, but I'd still say that a game that has been solved for high player counts has enough issues to justify an overhaul and the re-release of a "new and improved" edition.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Randombias wrote:
Alderdust wrote:
No reason to fix what isn't broke.
Isn't it, though? I mean, I love SOC as much as the next guy, but I'd still say that a game that has been solved for high player counts has enough issues to justify an overhaul and the re-release of a "new and improved" edition.


I'm not saying you're wrong, but in my experience, groups that are "really good" at this game are cheating. That is, they are ignoring or manipulating the communication rules.

Also, there is the expansion which I would assume fixes any solving.

Also, I've never heard anyone claim that it's solved before.

Just my thoughts. Maybe you're right. Maybe not.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Lake Park
Florida
flag msg tools
Any dream can take over the world.
badge
The only thing more evil than Cthulhu . . . . Kickstarter Addiction!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:


I'm not saying you're wrong, but in my experience, groups that are "really good" at this game are cheating. That is, they are ignoring or manipulating the communication rules.

Also, there is the expansion which I would assume fixes any solving.

Also, I've never heard anyone claim that it's solved before.

Just my thoughts. Maybe you're right. Maybe not.


Kinda agree with you there. I like the game, and out of the dozen or so plays I have only come close to winning once as a loyal and full win once as a traitor.

The groups I've sat in to watch that have won seem to be very loose with the communication aspect of the rule, even experienced groups with the game.

Not a game I'll grab off the shelf as I feel there are at least a dozen other co-ops that I can enjoy more. But, the production is nice and the theme is great. I wouldn't be against an update of some kind.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.