Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mário Medeiros
Brazil
Petrópolis
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactly what the words mean, but does it mean/change anything in game? Why does some of the Klingon advancements have this words on them? Does it mean anything special, like an ability to cloak, or something like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It gives them first strike. The entire idea that in the TOS era Romulans and Klingons were allies, which gave each side unprecedented access to each other's technology. Klingons received cloaking device and in exchange Romulans received several D-7 Battle Cruisers (The Enterprise Incident).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some other abilities specifically target "Romulan Cloaking Technology" cards. These abilities thus also target the Klingon (and I also believe Cardassian) advancements with these words on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Medeiros
Brazil
Petrópolis
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vardaine wrote:
Some other abilities specifically target "Romulan Cloaking Technology" cards. These abilities thus also target the Klingon (and I also believe Cardassian) advancements with these words on them.

Oh, I see. Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tachyon Detection Grid, I think is one of those cards. At least I think I remember that card being in the Fed research deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamshadow wrote:
Tachyon Detection Grid, I think is one of those cards. At least I think I remember that card being in the Fed research deck.

Yes. It is a keyword so you know which other tech will interact with it. In the core box, I believe the Romulan Advanced Cloaking (I don't have the card in front of me) is the top version of this tech and will allow them to freely warp past blockading ships. Scary stuff. But if the Feds develop the detection grid tech, they not only cancel this ability and the Romulan's first strike capability, but they also cancel the Klingon card that uses the keyword as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.