Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Boardgameco.com still doing business? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john maloy
msg tools
Does anyone have any experience with boardgameco.com? I just placed an order from their website and they charged my card but I didn't get a confirmation email. I sent them an email confirming my order was received but haven't gotten a response. To be fair its only been a day but my concern is when I look at their facebook and website all their updates and activity stop in 2015.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
edwin bautista
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm pretty sure it's still around.
message this guy, he's the owner

BoardGameCo
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

he's pretty good about responding to messages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Belk
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's still around. I would never sell games to him or do business with him, but not cause he's a con. Just he wanted to give me 10% of the MSRP for 5 new sealed games and wanted to charge me full MSRP (in the same transaction) for a game he had in "good" condition, and wanted to me pay shipping for my stuff to him and his stuff to me. I get he has a business to run but I saw no value in a trade at all with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john maloy
msg tools
Well I'm buying Le Havre listed as new for like $50 which is a lot less than other sellers so it seems like a good deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
maloy8920 wrote:
Well I'm buying Le Havre listed as new for like $50 which is a lot less than other sellers so it seems like a good deal.

If you need it in shrink that sounds pretty good -- though I'd ask for photos to verify that there aren't dents, dishing, or scratches if you care about condition.

Otherwise, check the marketplace. There are a number of listings under $50, and $45 never played catches my eye particularly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Grimley
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just made a trade with him recently, he's around. I find value in trading with Alex when I am dumping games I really don't want anymore, to pick up games on my want list. True, it's not always the greatest value, but I get games I want and get rid of stuff I don't without having to wait extended periods of time to find a better deal. If I trade 4 games I don't want for 2 games I do, I'm ok with that. I get games I want, while making space for more. Plus I support a little guy trying to run a game trading business. E-mail him, he'll get back to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ngo
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find Alex is a good person to just get rid of all my unwanted games, even at a loss. It creates space and I will get credit or a few games I want in return. Otherwise, I would likely get a pretty large loss anyways selling in bundles and I don't have the patience to wait around for potentially a few years to sell off all of the games individually at the price I want. Gaming is still niche, so finding buyers can be tough, even in large cities because those buyers still want mark downs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoardGameCo
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drb1979 wrote:
He's still around. I would never sell games to him or do business with him, but not cause he's a con. Just he wanted to give me 10% of the MSRP for 5 new sealed games and wanted to charge me full MSRP (in the same transaction) for a game he had in "good" condition, and wanted to me pay shipping for my stuff to him and his stuff to me. I get he has a business to run but I saw no value in a trade at all with him.

David,

Do you mind clarifying what you're referring to? Either in this thread or via geekmail, I have no preference. I'm looking through all my interactions with you, and all I see is two attempted trades from 2015, neither of which had 5 new sealed games, neither of which sound anywhere near like 10% of MSRP, and neither of which I asked you to pay for shipping my side of the trade. IS there any chance you're thinking of someone else? Or maybe you tried trading with us under a different profile and that's why I can't find anything similar?

While I acknowledge we ask for an uptrade that some people are fine with and some aren't, what you're saying sounds very unlike us and is a big concern for me if in any way I somehow communicated anything like what you're describing.

I am seeing you also made one purchase from us as well but I'm assuming that's not what you're talking about as it's not a trade?

With best regards,
Alex Radcliffe
boardgameco
trading.selling.gaming.geeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.