Subject: tickets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
cards 135 and 235 are very weird in that i would think they should function the same, but 235 has an extra line in it about automatically losing one resource every year, making it significantly weaker than 135, which doesn't include that text. plus for 235, all the text doesn't fit on the card, which makes me think that it's a mistake to have the extra text. is it, or is 235 just significantly weaker than 135 (costs more, and does less)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than the fact that they use different resources, I'm not sure why they would function differently. It does seem odd that the one which requires the harder to get resource is the more punishing of the two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
cards 135 and 235 are very weird in that i would think they should function the same, but 235 has an extra line in it about automatically losing one resource every year, making it significantly weaker than 135, which doesn't include that text. plus for 235, all the text doesn't fit on the card, which makes me think that it's a mistake to have the extra text. is it, or is 235 just significantly weaker than 135 (costs more, and does less)?

Hello rahdo
First I have to say I own the german version of the game.
But the numbers should be the same on my german version cards I think. I tried to translate them in english.

Nr. 135 (from era 1): To play this card you have to pay 3 wood and put them on the card. Everytime you move on of your stewards or a special ambassador you can pay 1 wood from this card and 2 wood from your storage to move the figure on a place of your choice. If there is no more wood on this card you have to discard it.

Nr. 235 (from era 2): Exactly the same as 135 but clay instead of wood.

So I'm a little bit confused about your question. Wood is the number one ressource in era 1 and clay is more important in era 2. Also there is nothing like loosing resources every year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snikla wrote:
rahdo wrote:

Hello rahdo
First I have to say I own the german version of the game.
But the numbers should be the same on my german version cards I think. I tried to translate them in english.

Nr. 135 (from era 1): To play this card you have to pay 3 wood and put them on the card. Everytime you move on of your stewards or a special ambassador you can pay 1 wood from this card and 2 wood from your storage to move the figure on a place of your choice. If there is no more wood on this card you have to discard it.

Nr. 235 (from era 2): Exactly the same as 135 but clay instead of wood.

So I'm a little bit confused about your question. Wood is the number one ressource in era 1 and clay is more important in era 2. Also there is nothing like loosing resources every year.

That's odd. On the English language card #235, it says that at the end of each year, you have to pitch one good from the card. Maybe it's a misprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Paukstadt
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Ja, sounds like an overlooked mistake from our side. I will add that to our reprint stuff.

Regarding the German version both cards function exactly same, so play 235 in the same way as 135.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taye T
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the problem is in the english edition and the german one is good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Angeli5 wrote:
So the problem is in the english edition and the german one is good?

Yup, or perhaps I should say ja!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh!

Why do I read this thread only AFTER our game?

I played the clay ticket and very quickly thought "well, this sucks". The round I played it, I lost one resource off it; I used it once (using the second resource), then lost the third resource at the end of that year. So it was a one-shot ability!

I also noticed that it's printed off-centre.

Will there be replacements at any point? I'm not sleeving my cards, so a downloadable replacement won't help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gábor Iványosi-Szabó
Hungary
Kecskemét
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to receive a corrected (English) card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'D like to receive a compiled errata with all the errors corrected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rogeracox wrote:

Extensive Colonists Errata & FAQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Krakoff
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anny48 wrote:
rogeracox wrote:

Extensive Colonists Errata & FAQ

Not sure that link includes everything (like the tickets errors). I think you might need this one as well:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1703826/errata/page/1

Hence the ask for a combined source for all this. My opinion is Mayfair/lookout should offer the corrections as a free upgrade pack and maintain an errata on their websites (which they don't). If this wasn't such an expensive game I wouldn't care so much and be happy with some stickers.

In the mean time it would be great to have someone put together a sticker sheet for any of the card/colony misprints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.