Pandemic: The Cure – Experimental Meds» Forums » General

Subject: GAME RELEASED rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I mentioned it somewhere else but I can't remember now whether in these forums or in the base game forums so I just wanted to announce that Experimental Meds has been released.

The game arrived at the US Amazon dealer on Nov 13th and was shipped to me the next day... so, it's really out. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James David Romo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have notification it was shipped from CoolStuffInc. I guess next time I'll just go with Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EntropyGuardian wrote:
Don't have notification it was shipped from CoolStuffInc. I guess next time I'll just go with Amazon.

It's worth an Amazon 3rd party seller, not prime and it's $14 higher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James David Romo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coldkorn wrote:
EntropyGuardian wrote:

You underestimate how much I want this ASAP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EntropyGuardian wrote:
coldkorn wrote:
EntropyGuardian wrote:

You underestimate how much I want this ASAP.

Should've gone to Essen

But yes, I'm quite excited to get it as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sims
United States
Bryant
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
So much for Pathos...
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered from my FLGS. I'm going by there at lunch today and I'll see if they have it now.

I'll update here with results after lunch (US CST).

**Update** Experimental Meds was not in today's shipment and the distributor for my FLGS still shows "not shipped."

Oh well. No worries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know it's a third party seller but it's the only one that listed the game (I ordered it at the beginning of October and I had totally, totally forgotten about it... I found out the game was coming by email notification and I thought it was a good idea to tell you guys so you could start making your moves).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Kern
United States
Florence
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird that Amazon (or a third-party seller) got it days ahead of any of the big online game stores. I'm assuming the third-party seller is a local game store with a bit of an online presence, but it still doesn't really add up if this isn't widely available at other brick and mortars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Themackern wrote:
Weird that Amazon (or a third-party seller) got it days ahead of any of the big online game stores. I'm assuming the third-party seller is a local game store with a bit of an online presence, but it still doesn't really add up if this isn't widely available at other brick and mortars.

Could have had a suggested release date that they disregarded. It's now available through Amazon prime for 43

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James David Romo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: Ok, cancelled Coolstuff preordered and ordered from Amazon. It's more, but then again I'm assured to get it before Thanksgiving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Trumbo
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I spoke with my FLGS and they said their distributor only got 1/3 of their order, and won't ship out until they get the full order in (won't play favorites- which is noble but also means I have to wait

EDIT: Just realized my message got cut off there. Weird. Anyway, just wanted to post that in case it helps explain why you may not have your copy yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And so you see... even though I'm a total n00b with Amazon and only started using it a few months ago, for some strange reason (which maybe has something to do with smile.amazon, the non profit org I support, which is animalsasia.org), that single dealer appeared for both of the games I love playing so much (X-Com and Pandemic the Cure).

... and it turns out he got Experimental Meds sooner than others just like he is CERTAIN to receive the X-Com Evolution expansion sooner (I have a presumed date and if you go to the FFG website you'll see there's no date).

I really have no idea why it's working like that (but boy was I lucky!). Oh sure, between taxes and shipping the base price becomes virtually irrelevant: whatever I pay, it's almost doubled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.