BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Clinton 2020? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Common wisdom (and lefties on RSP as well ) seems to rule out another run by Clinton. However, she, and her campaign, have already been blaming everyone and everything except for Clinton herself for the loss. So if Trump looks vulnerable in 2020, and Clinton's health is still good enough that she decides she wants to take another shot at it, is there anyone in the Democratic party strong enough to stop her from taking the nomination?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just about anybody. Speaking as a Democrat, this is the election that enema'd the Clinton's out of our GI tract.

The next election won't have the Clinton's as an excuse to elect a neanderthal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Her presidential hopes are dead in the water. I think Elizabeth Warren has a far better shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Cuban? A left leaning actual billionaire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Warren is too old, Mark Cuban is a Republican who loathes Trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
mbmbmbmbmb
She hasn't done much wrong, so I hope she will overcome her loss and prove the people - that is easily mislead with cheap promises - that she will be the best president the US never had. We'll hopefully see her in the field of charity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Just about anybody. Speaking as a Democrat, this is the election that enema'd the Clinton's out of our GI tract.

The next election won't have the Clinton's as an excuse....

But who is making Clinton the excuse for this loss? I'm sure you would like to believe they are gone for good, but there's no guarantee. You say "just about anybody", but that's kinda like a large group agreeing they are against something but being unable to agree on a particular alternative. IF Clinton does run for the nomination again, who (a specific person) is going to defeat her for the nomination?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deadkenny wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

But who is making Clinton the excuse for this loss? I'm sure you would like to believe they are gone for good, but there's no guarantee. You say "just about anybody", but that's kinda like a large group agreeing they are against something but being unable to agree on a particular alternative. IF Clinton does run for the nomination again, who (a specific person) is going to defeat her for the nomination?

Anyone with a strategist who can point out that she wasn't able to succeed against either of the past two Presidents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
anemaat wrote:
She hasn't done much wrong,....

Lol!

anemaat wrote:
... so I hope she will overcome her loss and prove the people - that is easily mislead with cheap promises - that she will be the best president the US never had....

Or maybe the next president that you will have?

anemaat wrote:
....We'll hopefully see her in the field of charity.

She's already pretty big in "charity". Of course she obviously believes firmly that "charity begins at home".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
deadkenny wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Bernie!

In all seriousness though, who the hell knows. No one was talking about Obama as a presidential candidate in 2004.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Doc Mage wrote:
Anyone with a strategist who can point out that she wasn't able to succeed against either of the past two Presidents.

Well, she lost in the primary against Obama. But then she won her next shot at the primaries. So perhaps all she needs is a second shot at the presidency. Again, "anyone with a strategist" isn't a particular person. Often it is easier to claim she can't do it in theory, but not so easy to argue that a particular person will be able to defeat her if she decides she wants the nomination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sfox wrote:

Bernie!

In all seriousness though, who the hell knows. No one was talking about Obama as a presidential candidate in 2004.

If he wasn't too old, and wanted to, I think he would have a good chance. He came reasonably close as it was, even facing the collusion between the DNC and Clinton campaign to defeat him. The DNC would be less likely to risk doing that again. So he could have possibly defeated her for the 2016 nomination if it had been fair. I could easily see him doing it again for the next election, aside from the age and desire questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
mbmbmbmbmb
deadkenny wrote:
anemaat wrote:
She hasn't done much wrong,....

Lol!

What! A few email. Come on!

deadkenny wrote:
anemaat wrote:
... so I hope she will overcome her loss and prove the people - that is easily mislead with cheap promises - that she will be the best president the US never had....

Or maybe the next president that you will have?

No, she is done! Definitely! Who it will be, we shall then see. Actually it is not my business, but being a nosey .... Anyway ... first four years of top entertainment.

deadkenny wrote:
anemaat wrote:
....We'll hopefully see her in the field of charity.

She's already pretty big in "charity". Of course she obviously believes firmly that "charity begins at home".

Yeah, I forgot about that. But still ... wait and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

God I hope not. Out with the old, in with the new.

I expect Sanders and/or Warren to make a run and represent Berners, if either one is still healthy in 2020.

Julian Castro hopefully will. The party needs some youth. His relative inexperience won't matter since Trump had zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
deadkenny wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

I am the only way either (HRC/DJT) of could get elected is if by chance they ran against each other.

She wont run again, count on it. If she does it would be a hard up hill climb. I think the only reason she even did this time was that she knew the establishment would push her over the finish line. Not so in four years.

A lot will depends on how things are going if there's a hint of blood in the water there will be plenty of Democrats candidates that start circling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
deadkenny wrote:
sfox wrote:

Bernie!

If he wasn't too old, and wanted to, I think he would have a good chance. He came reasonably close as it was, even facing the collusion between the DNC and Clinton campaign to defeat him. The DNC would be less likely to risk doing that again. So he could have possibly defeated her for the 2016 nomination if it had been fair. I could easily see him doing it again for the next election, aside from the age and desire questions.

I think a lot of the problem the Democrats had in 2016, the reason why there was no competition in the primaries, is that Hillary had been 'the chosen one' since she lost to Obama in 2008. Everyone "knew" she would be the #1 candidate so a lot of people just moved out of her way (or were pressured not to run by the DNC).

I think we'll see a lot of potential candidates develop over the next 4 years. Bernie is trying to build a movement so someone might come out of that, or one of the Senators or House members could step up, or someone completely outside of politics. With all the negativity right now, a non politician who is already famous has a lot of advantages, as long as they can manage to get their campaign off the ground.

After Trump winning in 2016, it will be really hard to casually dismiss any candidate who has a well known name. Honestly I think that any candidate who can get the Democrat base excited will easily win. All evidence indicates that there are more Democrat leaning voters than Republicans, they just show up at the polls very inconsistently, making it very difficult for the Democrats during the off year elections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

How much older than Trump will Bernie be in 2020? Not sure why so many are already discounting him.

He could pick a young VP and pledge to have only one term.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deadkenny wrote:
Common wisdom (and lefties on RSP as well ;) ) seems to rule out another run by Clinton. However, she, and her campaign, have already been blaming everyone and everything except for Clinton herself for the loss. So if Trump looks vulnerable in 2020, and Clinton's health is still good enough that she decides she wants to take another shot at it, is there anyone in the Democratic party strong enough to stop her from taking the nomination?

No...she's done.

Thank Odin.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

How much older than Trump will Bernie be in 2020? Not sure why so many are already discounting him.

Trump won't be the Republican nominee in 2020. Bernie will by 79 in 2020, way too old to be running for president, by about 20 years in my opinion. The Democrats have got to develop some younger talent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:

Trump won't be the Republican nominee in 2020.…

On what do you base this prognostication, Oh worthy Sage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
sfox wrote:

Maybe he's just greasing the skids for Uday and Cusay [sp].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyway... Warren/Knowles 2020

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

I'm not discounting him. However, Trump is already one of the older presidents (as of becoming president) and I believe Sanders is 5 or so years older than Trump. For my part, at that age, health is far more important than chronological age. For example, Sanders seems to have handled his campaigning reasonably well. Clinton, not so much. Maybe the Democrats could put Bernie in suspended animation until the next election cycle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
sfox wrote:

I never realized you had such respect for me. Thanks. The reason is because Trump is already showing that he will betray most or all of the promises he has made. The ones he won't betray, the Republicans (and Democrats) won't let him implement anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
whac3 wrote:
sfox wrote:

I never realized you had such respect for me. Thanks. The reason is because Trump is already showing that he will betray most or all of the promises he has made. The ones he won't betray, the Republicans (and Democrats) won't let him implement anyway.

He could actually be the next Hitler and so long as he calls himself R or D the corresponding party wouldn't say or do a damned thing against him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.