7 Posts

Orléans» Forums » Variants

Subject: Need help creating a tile distribution variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
Now that the second expansion and 4th promo set is out there are so many tiles to choose from. It's a little over whelming for us and causes some AP. I was wondering if some sort of "market" variant would work. Some way to restrict the amount of tiles offered each round. Like a row of 3-5 that gets refreshed when someone buys one. Any thoughts or better ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you only want to limit AP, then defining a minimal amount of place tiles that won't change during the game is the most efficient manner, as I suggested here.

But your suggestion makes me think that you want to increase the number of explored tiles. If that's the case then I think your proposal works pretty well, even if it will introduce an element of chance.

You could also consider making a pyramid of tiles, just like in 7 Wonders Duel. That will reduce the luck factor while still limiting the number of tiles accessible per turn, but not in total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexFS wrote:
You could also consider making a pyramid of tiles, just like in 7 Wonders Duel. That will reduce the luck factor while still limiting the number of tiles accessible per turn, but not in total.

For our benefit, what are the pyramid rules in 7 Wonders Dual?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ennio Spione
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kiloforce wrote:
For our benefit, what are the pyramid rules in 7 Wonders Dual?

Cards are placed in the shape of a triangle in a solitaire like fashion, where the cards on the bottom row partially overlap two cards on the row above.
You can only pick cards that are not covered by any other card, thus freeing cards on the row above.
In 7 Wonders Duel specifically you alternate between face up and face down rows (you reveal the card only when it's not overlapped anymore).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
Those aren't bad ideas but the game already takes up a ton of table space. Would like something a little more compact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Lenaghan
United Kingdom
Killingworth
flag msg tools
What about something like from small world? I'm considering this... 3 tiles available for I and 3 for II... furthest from stack is free but then you pay one coin on each tile you pass over (closest to stack you put on coin on first tile one on second to take third basically). When someone takes a tile the stack and coins move up. When you take a tile you also take any coins in its position
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
lenaghano wrote:
What about something like from small world? I'm considering this... 3 tiles available for I and 3 for II... furthest from stack is free but then you pay one coin on each tile you pass over (closest to stack you put on coin on first tile one on second to take third basically). When someone takes a tile the stack and coins move up. When you take a tile you also take any coins in its position

That sounds interesting. Let me know how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.