$5.00
$30.00
$20.00
$15.00
J.D. Hall
msg tools
I've driven the Kilpatrick many times. It's impressive that anyone can actually manage 75 on that lumpy piece of crap road, much less topping 200.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2016/11/16/oklahoma-speeder-caug...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
What does his fine work out to be?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmbmb
A dipshit like this killed two people a couple weeks ago in my town.

http://kxan.com/2016/10/29/rollover-crash-kills-at-least-1-i...

So impressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He dropped the keys out the window? What was that supposed to accomplish? "Sorry officer, I have no idea what happened. I was just sitting in this car and it started all by itself through some supernatural power. Ain't no keys in here, officer...."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
whac3 wrote:

Excellent question: in Oklahoma, it's $70 to be between 1 and 5 mph over the speed limit. $5 a mile after that. Turnpike speed limit varies between 60 and 75 (it's mainly inside northern Oklahoma City). They'll nail his ass, so ... $785 thereabouts. Plus forfeiture of his driver's license for endangering the lives of other drivers, especially the cops. But damn, 208? Impressive. NASCAR impressive. Go big or go home, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
GameCrossing wrote:
He dropped the keys out the window? What was that supposed to accomplish? "Sorry officer, I have no idea what happened. I was just sitting in this car and it started all by itself through some supernatural power. Ain't no keys in here, officer...."

I think it's to demonstrate he's not driving anymore and the car is incapable of moving -- keeps the cops from drawing their firearms and shooting the dumbass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico mcflico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

A few hundred dollars for speeding. A few hundred more for reckless driving. And probably a few months in jail for trying to out race the cops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Nothing happens for a reason, but everything happens by a mechanism
badge
Nitrogen Conservation Awareness: I pee in the yard
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a reckless driving ticket here in OK a few years ago (ultimately dropped, and for nothing as dramatic as the OP). When I looked into the charge, I was surprised at how serious it is. The statute isn't written this way, but in legal circles reckless driving is considered to be doing something where "death is the expected result." It's one click less serious than vehicular homicide. It's a $500 fine with up to 90 days in jail. Moreover, most auto insurers will drop you immediately, and at a minimum will double the cost of your auto insurance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The internet tells me that a 2011 Mustang GT is governor limited to between 115-150mph so he had to chip it too. I'm shocked that a 19 year old made such a series of bad decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
I've driven the Kilpatrick many times. It's impressive that anyone can actually manage 75 on that lumpy piece of crap road, much less topping 200.

It's not really possible in a 2011 Mustang. Not only due to drag on the car but the engine and gearing aren't designed for 200+ MPH. So either the cops are outright lying or they have a serious calibration problem with their equipment. Since the V8 Mustang came with a supposedly 400HP engine it also came with an electronic limiter that didn't allow it over 155 mph. Even with that removed I'm guessing 170 max before the wind resistance and poor aerodynamics blunted it. Then there are tires and, as mentioned, road condition to consider.

I call false on the 200+ mph part. It's a fantasy that appears to be little more than a number to get clicks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
The internet tells me that a 2011 Mustang GT is governor limited to between 115-150mph so he had to chip it too. I'm shocked that a 19 year old made such a series of bad decisions.

I do hope that's sarcasm. Hard to tell sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
DWTripp wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

It's not really possible in a 2011 Mustang. Not only due to drag on the car but the engine and gearing aren't designed for 200+ MPH. So either the cops are outright lying or they have a serious calibration problem with their equipment. Since the V8 Mustang came with a supposedly 400HP engine it also came with an electronic limiter that didn't allow it over 155 mph. Even with that removed I'm guessing 170 max before the wind resistance and poor aerodynamics blunted it. Then there are tires and, as mentioned, road condition to consider.

I call false on the 200+ mph part. It's a fantasy that appears to be little more than a number to get clicks.

You're crushing this young man's impressive achievement that he will use to get laid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didnt go read it, I just assumed motorcycle.
But Mustang? Yeah, I doubt the gearing would allow that speed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Course given all this, who knows what he has actually done to the car.
I had my car regeard.
Meh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dignam
United States
Lithia
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah most tires aren't rated for that kind of speed as well. They can fly apart from the centripetal force stress and heat of hitting the pavement at those speeds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
I didnt go read it, I just assumed motorcycle.
But Mustang? Yeah, I doubt the gearing would allow that speed.

Motorcycles yes - there are plenty that will hit 200 mph. It's stupid, stupid, stupid, but YouTube is swimming with videos of morons doing it. But this is my favorite, not 200 mph, just proof that even total fucktards sometimes don't die when they should have:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
DWTripp wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

mustve gone downhill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.