Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Bearden
United States
birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you handle Cultist with a parley ability? Is that ability the only way to move them to the victory display or can you still just kill them?

I know I should go with what is harder and to me having the parley being the only way is harder but thematically these people are scary cultist, and I don't want to parley with no cultist.

So how have you guys been playing this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GogTad wrote:
How did you handle Cultist with a parley ability? Is that ability the only way to move them to the victory display or can you still just kill them?

I know I should go with what is harder and to me having the parley being the only way is harder but thematically these people are scary cultist, and I don't want to parley with no cultist.

So how have you guys been playing this?
You can defeat them like regular enemies or use the parley as an alternative way to add them to your victory stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played the that scenario x2 and both times we use Parley except for once we fought one cultist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauziz
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Heilz wrote:
You can defeat them like regular enemies or use the parley as an alternative way to add them to your victory stack.

Almost correct. The rules state that in order for a monster to go into the victory display, they must be defeated. And in order to be defeated, they need damage equal to or greater than their health. So you can get rid of an enemy using Parley, but you don't get that monster's victory points if you do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brettscho wrote:
Heilz wrote:

Almost correct. The rules state that in order for a monster to go into the victory display, they must be defeated. And in order to be defeated, they need damage equal to or greater than their health. So you can get rid of an enemy using Parley, but you don't get that monster's victory points if you do.

That's not true for the cultists in question, though, their Parley actions specifically say to add them to the victory display.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.